Beauty EditorLabelleladiva Enterprises LLC
Digital Online Media and Graphic Design Paid InternshipPivotal Media, Inc.
Marketing Assistant757 Media
Digital Graphic Design | App Development - InternshipXerox, Copy Solutions Inc
Church Media SpecialistHey Vyckiey
MEDIA RESEARCHERANTHEM Inc.
Video EditorPoplar Network
Chicago Scene Magazine Website DeveloperBookmark This
820 N Orleans Unit 219
Posted: March 01 2015
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionChicago Scene is the pre-eminent online guide to nightlife, dining, entertainment, fashion and events in the city of Chicago. The company was founded in 1998 and printed a hard copy magazine from 2000-2012 and will again print the magazine beginning in the fall of this year.
We have an immediate opening for web development interns
ResponsibilitiesRole includes development of websites and pages and updating time sensitive aspects of website focused on entertainment and nightlife in the city of Chicago. Specific functions are:
- Create new pages and sites
- Create and manage associated databases
- Event listing entry
- Venue listing entry
- New articles posted
- Old articles, events and closed venues eliminated
- Banner ads laid out and placed where appropriate
- Writer profiles updated and maintained
- Pictures, links and graphics posted as identified by management
- Webpages created and formatted
- Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter, and Instagram posts placed and managed
- ability to create graphics
- ability to create videos from still graphics or combinations of videos, texts and graphics
- video editing
- social media expertise
- email template formatting
This role requires periodic upkeep with the main website and at minimum 15 hours weekly. Successful candidates will be included in the inner workings of Chicago's first online guide and later printed magazine for nightlife, entertainment, dining, fashion, beauty, and trends in the city. Candidate will have access with press credentials to key events going on in the city and all of those executed by Chicago Scene.
RequirementsWordpress, HTML5, Website design, photoshop any other programs and functions consistent with website design and maintenance.
SkillsRequired - Website Administration, Website Building, Website Creation, Corporate Website Management
Preferred - Adobe Photoshop, WordPress, Adobe InDesign, Final Cut Pro