Editorial InternshipBookmark This
39 West 29th Streer
New York, NY
Posted: June 09 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionUTMOST Media is seeking an Editorial Intern to join the team in their New York City office. This is a great opportunity for someone who’s interested in digital media, embraces challenges, and loves working in a start-up environment.
The ideal candidate loves arts, culture, music, and film—aspires to tell stories through words, photography, and video. You should have some experience writing all types of content, from 300-word aggregated news pieces to long-form magazine-length profiles, etc.
In addition, the ideal candidate is savvy, a self-professed word nerd, has a comprehensive knowledge of and a passion for grammar, spelling, punctuation, and syntax. We are a small editorial team that’s looking to increase our content output, so the ability to adapt your schedule to meet shifting deadlines is key.
Responsibilities- Keeps a pulse on culture and music trends
- Curate news content that is of interest to our readership
- Duties will include writing feature stories; interviewing subjects, transcribing interviews, and building stories in our Content Management System (CMS)
- Format and publish posts in Wordpress
- Contribute to our editorial planning and strategy process
- Conduct research for future stories
Interested candidates should apply, and please include the following:
- A link to your blog if you have one
- A link to your social media accounts, or any other social media pages that you think we should see (i.e. Twitter, Instagram, etc)
Requirements- Pursuing a degree in Creative Writing, English, Journalism, or a related field is a plus
- Strong writing, reporting, and fact-checking skills
- Interest in urban culture: street art, fashion, food, music, coffee shops, creative entrepreneurs
- Experience with Wordpress
- Social media savvy
- Independent worker with a can-do attitude