Social Media InternPlatinum
Social Media InternPlatinum
Media Intern (Film/Video/Photo)Silvacom
Media Intern (Film/Video/Photo)ZAG Group of Companies
Media Intern (Film/Video/Photo)WREVEL
Virtual VideographerMaster Life By Design
Graphic ArtistBloggazWithAttitude.com (Online Blog Magazine)
Web DesignPoplar Network
Editorial / Journalism InternBookmark This
Oh Brides Wedding Magazine
Posted: June 04 2015
Company Location: Atlanta, GA
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 2 Part-time, Unpaid (College Credit Required)
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionOh Brides Magazine is a luxury detail inspired wedding publication for the modern bride. Launched in 2012 and published semi annually, Oh brides has become the leader in wedding magazines featuring content of the highest quality including; real weddings, fashion, fresh ideas and a Detail inspired section that’s visually appealing to brides. Oh Brides showcases the talent of wedding professional through table designs, wedding cakes, floral, invites and more.
Providing our readership with unparalleled content, we have established ourselves as the “must read” magazine for today’s sophisticated bride and groom.
We're currently offering a part-time position for enthusiastic and experienced candidates interested in learning about the magazine industry through first-hand experience. College credit is available.
Interested Editorial applicants should possess:
• A passion for the written word and magazines, with an additional interest in design, style, fashion and beauty
• An active interest in social networking and blogging
• Ability to assist with event production
• An obsessive attention to detail
• Excellent writing, grammatical and spelling skills
• Superior organizational skills
• Respect for deadlines
• The ability to listen and follow directions
• The ability to successfully work independently of others
• An adult work ethic and the ability to converse professionally with industry vendors and clients
• A personal computer with updated basic programs (Word, Excel, Adobe Reader)
We welcome student applicants, but only those with a strong interest in pursuing a career in magazine editing, writing, and/or new media. Student applicants does not have to be enrolled in a journalism program, but must have a strong understanding of basic journalism skills, such as writing structure and copy-editing notations, as well as a familiarity with social media and web content. This is a non paid internship
Responsibilities- Assist with editorial projects and provide support to the Communications Editor.
- Proofreading both hard and electronic files, basic copyediting, and writing of proposals and reports;
- Assisting with or proofing of basic ads, flyers, brochures, invitations, etc.
- Work on special projects, as needed
Requirements- Working towards a Bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations, English, business communications, or communication arts.
- Strong organizational and communication skills with keen attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of MS Office applications, especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience/interest in Web maintenance
- Familiarity with Adobe In Design and Adobe Acrobat is a plus
SkillsRequired - Microsoft Word, Excel, Online Social Networking, Adobe, Proofreading, Journalism
Preferred - Adobe Acrobat, Copy Editing, Editorial Design