CARIBBEAN & URBAN MULTI-MEDIA COMPANY LOOKING FOR FALL/WINTER 2016 INTERNS!Established in 88
Video Production Intern - Scottsdale, ArizonaEpic Productions LLC
Video EditorPoplar Network
Web DesignPoplar Network
Gaming/FIFA/eSports Media Contributor - Travel Opportunities!Title Race
Social Media Internship for the George Gee Swing OrchestraGeorge Gee Swing Orchestra
Video Production InternTaro
Software/Media Specialist Current Graduate/Master's StudentLZ Technology, Inc.
Editorial / Journalism InternBookmark This
The Black Parent Magazine
Posted: February 29 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe Black Parent is a digital magazine. The company seeks an exceptional intern to assist in writing original articles and content for webpages that inform, educate and alert families on current issues. The intern must be able to write for social media platforms, the web magazine and static web pages. The intern must also be willing to write in different styles and with search engine optimization in mind. This position requires availability for early staff meeting on Tuesdays an d ability to work 20 hours a week. The intern must be able to work onsite, in North Bethesda or virtually, as needed. The position allows for some creativity in writing assignments for the proven producer. Must meet deadlines.
Responsibilities- Assist with editorial projects and provide support to the Communications Editor.
- Proofreading both hard and electronic files, basic copyediting, and writing of articles, columns, posts, and reports;
- Assisting with or proofing of basic ads, flyers, brochures, invitations, etc.
- Work on special projects, as needed
Requirements- Working towards a Bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations, English, business communications, or communication arts.
- Strong organizational and communication skills with keen attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of MS Office applications, especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience/interest in Web maintenance
- Familiarity with Adobe In Design and Adobe Acrobat is a plus