Video EditorPoplar Network
Web DesignPoplar Network
CARIBBEAN & URBAN MULTI-MEDIA COMPANY LOOKING FOR FALL/WINTER 2016 INTERNS!Established in 88
Fashion Photo InternKlickpicks
Fashion Video InternKlickpicks
Media Intern (Film/Video/Photo)Mountain Pacific
MEDIA RESEARCHERANTHEM Inc.
MEDIA RESEARCHERANTHEM Inc.
Good Anchorage Media & Press InternshipBookmark This
Posted: November 21 2014
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionCome work with a professional, energetic group of Maritime & IT explorers! We are looking for open-minded, creative individuals to contribute to our modern Maritime & Tourism World. GA views interns as our future workforce; therefore, work assigned to an intern is professional in nature & is conducted in a learning environment that provides each student real-world experience & an opportunity to be evaluated for potential long-term employment. Internship assignments are open to associate, undergraduate, graduate, & post-graduate students & are based on entry-level professional job descriptions, which will involve a great deal of independent work under the guidance of a senior-level supervisor & mentors. The position will operate remotely (from the comfort of your own space!). You will be directly supervised by the Project Manager via regular Skype, email & phone communication.
Looking for an intern with strong knowledge & understanding of the media & press landscape, including various publications in print & digital format. Company is currently developing a media kit & press campaign. The intern chosen will need strong critical thinking skills in order to integrate into our vibrant & passionate team who are very excited to share Good Anchorage with an intern hoping to gain a ton of great media experience.
About Good Anchorage
Good Anchorage is a global UGC website for maritime information – although the business office is based in Vanuatu we have business units based all around the world. We are flexible & willing to work around student schedules.
View our Inception Team at http://www.goodanchorage.com/about-us
View our advisory Board at http://www.goodanchorage.com/advisory-board
When applying, we request a resume, & confirmation of the school’s requirements if any.
Responsibilities• Contribute to media kit design
• Monitor & post on blogs, forums, & social networks
• Monitor all forms of media
• Schedule & coordinate interviews, appearances, photo shoots, & other special events
• Write press releases & other materials
• Assist with mailings,
• Create media preparation materials
• Compile contact lists
• Search for press clippings
• Create or update databases
RequirementsStudents applying for this internship must have strong communication skills & should be undertaking study in Public Relations, Communications, Marketing or Journalism. Applicants should also have strong writing skills, as well as a solid understanding of social media. Only interns proficient with Microsoft Office applications should apply.
Interns who perform successfully & meet program requirements are invited to continue in the program for the duration of their degree programs & may be granted the opportunity for conversion to permanent employment upon graduation.
• Build your resume with professional experience
• Work with an innovative, team-oriented firm
• Learn valuable business, technology, & imaging skills while nurturing personal growth
The overall job function is to support the team with activities related to Geography, Mapping, Satellite Imaging, Maritime & Tourism Information, plus Data Dissemination with opportunities in both full & part time positions.
The following are basic skill sets required for GA’s internship program
• Exceptional spoken & written English skills
• Excellent communication skills & willingness to work as part of a team
• Intelligence & a positive attitude
• Be geographically aware
• Know how to use Windows OS computers
• Working knowledge of Qgis
• Working knowledge of Photoshop
• Working knowledge of Excel
• Working knowledge of Google Earth
• Basic familiarity with Geo Coordinate systems, GPS concepts & formats
• Able to operate on your own with weekly Skype team calls
The following are value add factors but not required
• Ability to travel & not susceptible to motion- sickness
• A sense of adventure & exploring
• Your own secure Windows OS workstation or laptop