Web DesignPoplar Network
Video EditorPoplar Network
Grow Your Professional Brand. Intern With Us.757 Media
Media Intern Needed (Photo/Video/Editing)The Grindworks Agency
Assistant to the ProducerKirschenbaum Productions
Online Content InternThe Women's International Music Network
Videographer NeededThe Septimius Group LLC
Videographer InternMighty Well
Graphic Design InternBookmark This
820 N Orleans, Suite 219
Posted: September 08 2015
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 3 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionChicago Scene is the pre-eminent online guide to nightlife, dining, entertainment, fashion and events in the city of Chicago. The company was founded in 1998 and printed a hard copy magazine from 2000-2012 and will again print the magazine beginning in the fall of this year.
Looking for graphic design intern to come on-site 2-3 days out of the week with option to work remotely.
Intern will report to Marketing Manager and work with Program leads for graphic creation of event logos, flyers, brochures, web, social media & mobile ad banners.
Responsibilities- Assists in the design and development of layouts for marketing materials, using appealing graphics that are well organized
- Responsible to incorporate current design trends into each unique layout to produce an up-to-date style for custom ads
- Ability to exercise good judgment when interpreting instructions and to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions
- Utilize strong written skills and bring effective visual ideas from concept through to completion
Requirements- Working towards a BA or certificate from a Fine Arts program/Graphic Design school
- Experience with Adobe InDesign, and proficiency in Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator
- Knowledge of Mac OS and software upgrades and proficiency in Microsoft Office programs
- Must be a team player and flourish in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Open to constructive criticism and customer feedback
-Must have own laptop with Adobe Creative Suite
SkillsRequired - Graphic Design, Adobe Creative Suite, Desktop Publishing, Digital Art, Mobile Web Design, Web Content Creation, Advertising Copy, Adobe Flash, ActionScript, Display Advertising, Mobile Advertising
Preferred - Website Administration