Digital Media / Marketing InternXSharp
Startup Intern for Virtual Reality StartupRVLVR
Administrative Assistant InternVoyage Media
VideographerAZ Hearing Center
Female Video Reporters Wanted for EventsStyle Music TV
Video EditorPoplar Network
Web DesignPoplar Network
CARIBBEAN & URBAN MULTI-MEDIA COMPANY LOOKING FOR FALL/WINTER 2016 INTERNS!Established in 88
HIVE New Media Intern [Unpaid]Bookmark This
1518 S. Alamo St.
San Antonio, TX
Posted: October 03 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe HIVE New Media Intern will provide assistance and support to SAY Sí’s HIVE program by providing studio and instructional assistance, leading demonstrations/workshops, equipment maintenance, documentation of work and progress etc.. Intern will gain valuable experience in project management and working with youth, specifically: video game project planning, execution and production, and new media studio maintenance.
HIVE Intern Job Duties: Performs support activities for New Media staff. Duties may include assistance with demonstrations/workshops, equipment maintenance, IT support, documentation of work in progress, studio activity and finished/installed work.
ResponsibilitiesHIVE Intern is responsible for:
• Troubleshooting student code (Lua, Löve), suggesting structures for code and workflow organization, providing source management support (Git)
• Administrative support for program materials, supplies, calendar
• Help with photo and video documentation. Including but not limited to archiving and organizing
• Keeping lab software up-to-date on regular basis, providing ad-hoc IT support and research,
maintaining the game collection and game server(s)
• Operating, maintaining and safeguarding the tech assets of the HIVE, including computers,
server, peripherals and other miscellaneous equipment
RequirementsProgramming experience in a variety of programming languages (Lua preferred). Must have good organization, management and communication skills. Should demonstrate ability to adapt to and reprioritize multiple projects. Undergraduate or graduate program and enrolled for the current school year encouraged to apply. (Please include a copy of schedule of classes for next term.) Students enrolled in the following programs should consider applying: Computer Science, Arts, Fine Arts, New Media or related field. Visual Arts/Media Art portfolio (optional). 1+ year experience working with youth preferred.
• Must be a high school graduate. Bachelors or pursuing degree or work-equivalent.
• Must submit at least 1 letter of recommendation from an instructor or supervisor (cannot be relative).
Schedule: Flexible minimum-part-time to part-time schedule. School/courses and job schedule will be considered. Spring/Fall hours: Monday –Thursday, 11 a.m. – 7:30 p.m. Saturday 9 - 5 p.m. Schedule subject to change, may include First Friday and other special events.
Guideline commitment of 100 - 150 trimester/semester hours or 10 - 30 hrs/week to be discussed prior to acceptance.