House Broadcast/Webcast InternBookmark This
House Broadcast Services - MA House of Representatives
24 Beacon Street
Posted: October 07 2016
Application Deadline: No Deadline
Position: 3 Part-time, Unpaid
Timeframe: 01/03/17 — ?
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionExpected Start Date: January 3, 2017
To learn and perform professional and technical duties, assisting in the broadcast of government proceedings to internal and online viewers, and providing immediate media services. The goals of the House Broadcast Services office are both product- and service-oriented.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION, CONTACT:
House Broadcast Services
Responsibilities• Assist production team during live and taped programs including gavel-to-gavel and public meetings coverage.
• Perform operational and production duties including but not limited to content programming, content capture, archiving, camera shading, editing, director, technical director, camera operator, audio, and still store/CG operations.
• Assist Broadcast/Webcast Coordinator in updating media assets i.e. graphics, music, bumpers, promos etc.
• Assist in the capture and cataloging of B-roll footage of regional and statewide points of interest and landmarks; prepare for productions and broadcast.
• Capture relevant events throughout the State House.
• Learn and understand legislative process and procedure, as it applies to our weekly multicast and videotaped committee hearings.
• Edit, dub and transfer content from DVDs & legacy tapes to file-based storage.
Requirements• Student should be enrolled and seeking college credit.
• This is an unpaid internship; no stipend is provided unless otherwise indicated.
• Details and agreement must be documented and signed by intern, on-site supervisor and college coordinator.
• Student must be prepared to intern in a professional work environment, and behave accordingly. This includes being punctual, and ready to work during hours/days agreed upon.