Video EditorSeattle Web Search
Media Intern (Film/Video/Photo)Envato Group
Digital and Social Media InternThe PLK Law Group, P.C.
Spring, Summer, Fall - Looking for interns - Must be able to receive college credit - MediaPES
Business Development / Sales InternVERTIKAL Alliance International
Media Intern (Film/Video/Photo)WREVEL
Video Editors Wanted for Upcoming Web-Series ProjectsHustleBoss.com
Media Intern-Field Producer (Must be based in Miami, FL)Kingston5 Productions
Jr. EditorsBookmark This
Urban Grapevine Magazine
Posted: January 26 2016
Company Location: Santa Clara, CA
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 3 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
URBAN GRAPEVINE WANTS YOU!
Urban Grapevine is looking for young, inspired adults who want to embark on learning the different outlets of the media industry. Positions ranging from magazine, publishing, and photography to radio production are available. Urban Grapevine is made up of three entities; Media (magazine-audio/video-magazine), Publishing (anthologies-e-books-paperbacks) and Publicity (representation for exposure and commercial ads).
All internship positions offered are unpaid. Interns will be working primarily in a digital/virtual form but also in a boardroom setting to out into the community to attend meetings, collaborate with the team, give updates, and complete assignments. Candidates do not need to have previous publishing experience though it is welcomed.
Internships positions are meant for students to gain practical experience in the industry by working on timely projects in various departments. Candidates are required to be accountable, identify priorities, employ efficient time-management skills, and operate with integrity. Candidates should treat their internship as an invaluable position in order to increase the validity of their experience and future recommendation. Candidates should put their best foot forward, a minimal work ethic or irresponsible behavior will not be tolerated. Candidates should display a high level of quality and dedication.
We have multiple internships available within Urban Grapevine 3. Please choose two that you KNOW are suitable for you. We base our interns on their ability to perform and their passion for media. Although this is an unpaid internship there are plenty of perks involved. We have interviewed hip hop artist icon– Prodigy from Mobb Deep, reality show beauties Erica Mena, Body Guard for the stars Elijah Shaw, Tyrese Gibson and Somaya to Authoress Extraordinaire Zane. We are growing in reach as well as readers. We want to open our doors to outgoing, ambitious people!
Jr. Editors | 3 positions
• Assist with editorial projects and provide support to the Editor in Chief.
• Work as team players on providing creative ideas and concepts
• Proofreading both hard and electronic files, basic copyediting, and writing of proposals and reports
• Assisting with or proofing of basic ads, flyers, brochures, invitations, etc.
• Work on special projects, as needed
• Logging and capturing segments for post-production editing.
• Verifying studio and control room connectivity and technical functioning.
• Operating multiple cameras to ensure correct angles and coverage.
• Editing videos (interviews, promo videos, commercials, etc.)
• Collaborate with Editor in Chief in addressing the publication direction in content
RequirementsDocuments needed to intern:
• For credits or community service hours please provide all information and paperwork to receive the proper credits.
• A one-page cover letter explaining why you are interested in magazine journalism; why you want to participate in the Magazine Internship Program; and what qualifies you to be an Urban Grapevine Intern.
• Minimum of three (3) written works or photographs for review.
Requirements: UGMAG3 is looking for candidates who possess:
Passion and drive
Self-management, self-motivation, and is constantly looking for more…
Strong Organizational skills
Adheres to deadlines
Works well under pressure
Can work virtually/digitally alone and as part of a team
PC and/or Mac Proficient
Excellent writing skills
Available for 2 1/2 hours a day (minimum)
Must have two strong social media platforms and knowledge of social media networks