Magazine Editorial InternshipBookmark This
N Highland Ave
Los Angeles, CA
Posted: December 17 2014
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionAn international award-winning media company based in Los Angeles seeks interns to join our team. We’re looking for devotees of culture, music, art, nightlife, and social networking. This is a hands-on opportunity to generate original, high-quality content, support marketing initiatives, and help build unique events. In turn, you must offer a can-do spirit, a rigorous attention to detail, and an airtight commitment to fulfilling objectives.
** Internships are to begin immediately, and to last a minimum of 3 months. We expect each intern to dedicate at least 10 hours a week. Internships are non-paid; school credit available.
TO APPLY, qualified applicants should send a Cover Letter and Resume to the contact above. Please include in your cover letter a Facebook, Instagram, Tumblr, or Twitter handle for review. We willcontact you for an interview if we believe you're the right fit.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.
ResponsibilitiesInterns will assist the staff in a number of capacities, including but not limited to:
- writing for Flaunt Magazine and Flaunt.com
- fact checking
- researching emerging culture
- contributing to creative meetings
- navigating the unknown
- growing our social media platforms
- transcribing interviews
- assisting in the production of Flaunt magazine events
- providing support on photo shoots
- helping with fashion sample requests
- occasional, though not excessive erranding
- Strong understanding of English language and grammar;
- Excellent research skills, organizational skills, and a strong attention to detail;
- Willingness to learn;
- Passion for culture
- Ability to perform under pressure and meet deadlines consistently;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite programs;
- Positive attitude and a healthy sense of humor.
SkillsRequired - English language skills, Excellent organizational skills, Passionate, Research Skills, Curiosity, Positive Attitude
Preferred - Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite