Social Media Intern (Must be based in Broward, Miami)Kingston5 Productions
Media Intern - ScreenwriterKingston5 Productions
Media Intern - Production Assistant (Must be based in Miami, FL)Kingston5 Productions
Sharpen your video editing skills while helping a non-profit organizationBookmark This
Posted: October 08 2015
Company Location: Columbus, OH
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe Parapsychological Association is an international professional organization of scientists and scholars engaged in the study of psi (or 'psychic') experiences, such as telepathy, clairvoyance, psychokinesis, psychic healing, and precognition. The primary objective of the PA is to achieve a scientific understanding of these experiences.
Our Media/Graphics Intern will be joining an international team of volunteers who are professionals in their respective fields. The ideal candidate should have prior video editing experience, as they will work on editing and finalizing video footage for media distribution. It would also be an asset to be able to handle related software for producing original art/ animation short videos promoting the mission of the PA, and to occasionally assist with graphic design tasks.
The successful applicant will have the option of working remotely, or at our Columbus, Ohio office. Feel free to apply even if you don't meet all the requirements, as we place much value in our applicants having the right attitude.
Responsibilities- Uses existing original and stock footage to produce new videos
- Contributes to mixing and editing to create polished and engaging videos
- Publish videos primarily to the web
- Assists in the design and development of layouts for marketing materials, using appealing graphics that are well organized
Requirements- Experience with Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, and Adobe Premiere or Final Cut Pro
- Self-motivated and be able to organize your own time
- Ability to deliver videos with cuts, graphics, sound and other elements that convey a quality production value and a level of technical sophistication
- Knowledge of digital videography and photography cameras and equipment
- Ability to exercise good judgment when interpreting instructions and to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions