Media Intern (Film/Video/Photo)xyayxltd
Video EditorSeattle Web Search
Media CoordinatorPulse, LLC
Production Intern/ Video Editing Intern for TheGameHaus.comThe Game Haus LLC
Photo/Video Camera Operator Full-Time/Part-TimeMonsterous Entertainment, LLC
Subzero - My Appliance Service RepairSubzero - My Appliance Service Repair
ASSISTANT PRODUCTION MANAGERRotenberryproduction.inc
ASSISTANT PRODUCTION MANAGERpatterson.investment.inc
Melting Butter is hiring! Editorial & Experiential Events InternBookmark This
Posted: January 17 2016
Company Location: New York, NY
Application Deadline: No Deadline
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionWho is Melting Butter?
Melting Butter is a young team of well-traveled writers, editors, producers and creatives. Our team is dedicated to curating places and experiences around the world for our audience of global citizens who appreciate aesthetics, quality and culture.
Being a fast growing and globally dispersed team bursting with ideas naturally comes with its own set of challenges so we need a super bright, hungry intern to help us take those challenges on.
What you’ll get out of an internship at Melting Butter:
• Valuable experience running and growing an editorial business and real event production experience. You’ll be in charge of your own important projects that don’t involve getting coffee (unless it’s for yourself).
• Melting Butter operates like a boutique creative agency servicing lifestyle brand partners. You’ll learn the ins and outs of how agency businesses operate from pitching, communication strategy, creative development, account management and production.
• You’ll get to work side by side with our experienced founder Jenny Nguyen-Barron and learn all about creative business.
• You’ll get true start-up experience and the opportunity to build your CV and writing portfolio
• And at times, you get to enjoy the lovely perks of being part of Melting Butter’s editorial team: Travel, lunches and dinners, openings, press events etc
ResponsibilitiesEditorial Development, Experiential Event Production & Content Marketing Internship
You will manage and own the editorial process from pitch to posting and promoting. Day-to-day you’ll be in constant communication with our global stable of contributors ensuring that all the elements of a high quality piece of content have been considered and taken care of. You’ll also get to research and write your own stories for Melting Butter.
Your most important prerogative is to maintain and improve on the high standard of editorial we bring to our readers.
Experiential Events Responsibilities:
There’s so much else we do aside from editorial to bring our version of the curated life to our community. Experiential events curated and produced in-house are important for our business strategy and you will be an integral part of making it all happen. You’ll be called on for everything from creative brainstorming, working on pitches for our brand partners, to diving in and managing the production of our events (of course you’ll be asked to represent Melting Butter at the events too!)
HOW TO APPLY:
You don't have to send a cover letter and CV – if you ask us, it’s a pretty outdated way to apply for jobs!
Simply send an email to email@example.com and tell us about yourself, what you’re passionate about, and why you want this experience.
We want to get a sense of your visual style so send us links to your social media profiles and spend a few moments putting together a Pinterest or Tumblr mood board that represents hotspots that inspire you.
RequirementsWhat kind of person are you?
• You’re a bright spark who is hungry to learn about how the new guard of online media does business.
• You have exquisite taste and you’re ruthless when it comes to knowing what’s good (and most importantly, what isn’t)
• You’re all about aesthetics and style and this reflects in how you present yourself in every aspect of your life – even your Pinterest account is full of gorgeously curated imagery
• Travel, food, art, fashion and music are the things that make you happy
• You’re ideally based out of New York City
• You’re available at least 1-2 full days per week
• You’re willing and able to work in an unpaid capacity in return for invaluable experience.
SkillsRequired - Social Media, Marketing, Public Relations, Event Management, Email Marketing, Editorial, Creative Development, Communicaitons, Writing and Editing, Influencer Marketing, Writing For The Web
Preferred - Photoshop, InDesign