Media Interns for Film, Streaming Video and Publishing CompanyHashtag Comics
Media Intern (Film/Video/Photo)Well Woven, Inc.
Media Intern (Film/Video/Photo)Atlantic Webworks
Office Intern for Boutique Production CompanyGlam PR LLC
Surface Media Fall/Spring Licensing InternshipSurface Magazine
Media Intern (Film/Video/Photo)Robbie & Co. Mens Shop
Media Intern (Film/Video/Photo)US ACCENT COACH
Digital Media / Marketing InternXSharp
Music Journalism InternsBookmark This
On Vinyl Media Group
5417 S Mopac Expy
Posted: July 12 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionOn Vinyl Media is a locally-focused B2B music services startup based in Austin, TX which also operates in Boston, MA. We operate a commercial streaming platform that provides local music to enhance the in-store customer experience and reduce corporate liability in music licensing for local businesses.
We also run a local music blog in which we need semesterly editors and writers to participate. Writing positions are open and demand 5-10 hours/week, a strong passion for music, and solid writing skills. Editing positions are also available and are considered leadership roles. Editors will be furnished with their own On Vinyl Music e-mail and are expected to put in 10 hrs/week. Editors work closely with the CEO, COO, and CMO to ensure that all articles are marketed well and are posted in a timely manner.
PERKS: Free entry to local shows, many music festival press opportunities, networking opportunities, amazing staff and great company culture
ResponsibilitiesDay-to-day tasks include:
- Regularly checking e-mail for stories
- Researching bands
- Interviewing artists in the Austin area
- Attending weekly staff meetings and occasional music industry meetups
- Reporting to the COO/CEO and communicating with the CMO on duties
- Editors must assign articles weekly to staff writers
- Writers must have strong time-management skills and complete stories in time
Requirements- Strong skills in writing and editing
- Strong time management skills
- Passion for music
- Proactive personality
- STRONG communication skills
- Willingness to attend networking events and music industry meetups as well as nightly shows
- Strong dedication and work ethic
SkillsRequired - AP style writing, Writing, Writing and Editing, Copy Editing, Editing
Preferred - Music, WordPress, Music Criticism, Music Events