Competent Production AssistantTracks Production Inc
Podcast ProducerShero Convo Podcast
Social Media ManagerMeda AB
Social Media ManagerMeda AB
Social Media Coordinator Intern/FreelancerSheFinds Media
Media Intern (Photo/Video/Film)Future Fires Entertainment
Video EditorSeattle Web Search
Production Assistant Intern (Unpaid) WantedKlein Creative Media
Social and Digital Media InternBookmark This
Weird Science Lab
Posted: November 08 2016
Company Location: Cambridge, MA
Application Deadline: No Deadline
Position: 2 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionWeird Science Lab (WSL) is looking for a Social and Digital Media Intern. The intern will play an active role in the development of WSL’s presence on various social media channels and help publish content that is relevant to its stakeholders.
About Weird Science Lab
Weird Science Lab (WSL) is a University of Oxford EduTech company, with the mandate to free the 21st-century intellectual property of major universities from the 15th-century shackles of the Gutenberg printing press.
WSL focuses on providing on third generation Virtual and Augmented Reality tools to revolutionise the traditional STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) curriculum for secondary and higher education in both the developed and emerging regions. To achieve this, WLS partners with businesses, educational institutions and other stakeholders to adapt existing commercial VR and AR technologies to the educational needs of today’s students.
WSL was born and incubated at Oxford Innovation, the wholly owned technology commercialisation subsidiary of the University of Oxford. The company also has research and development facilities at Harvard/MIT.
Working at WSL is all about bringing science to life. Independent of your position, you will play a part in creating some of the most innovative Virtual and Augmented Reality technologies for the education sector. So if you want an internship with a high level of independence and purpose, WSL is the place for you!
• Work with the Strategic Communications Manager to create and implement campaigns
• Assist in the general distribution of press releases and media alerts
• Create engaging blog and social media content
• Develop content calendars for the various social media channels on a weekly/monthly basis
• Bachelor’s degree, ideally in Communications, Marketing or a related field
• Strong communications skills
• Full professional proficiency in English
• Excellent researching, writing and editing skills
• Able to work independently and as part of a team
• In-depth working knowledge of Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and Google+
• Ability to analyse social media analytics including Facebook Insights
• Interest in EduTech/Virtual and Augmented Reality
• Applicants can work from home, the Oxford, Boston or the Tel Aviv office
• Applicants are expected to commit at least 15 hours a week for a minimum of 12 weeks
• Must own a laptop/computer