Fashion Creative Content Intern - Graphic DesignKlickpicks
Spring InternshipTiny Hero
Political Markets & Data InternshipPasquines
Political News InternshipPasquines
Media Intern (Film/Video/Photo)WREVEL
Web DesignPoplar Network
Video EditorPoplar Network
Beauty BloggerLabelleladiva Enterprises LLC
TV Development & Production Intern (Spring/Summer 2016)Bookmark This
Story House Productions
2233 Wisconsin Ave NW STE 412
Posted: January 20 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 6 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionIntern needed to assist to the Development and Production teams of an international television production company. We specialize in non-fiction television programming in subjects ranging from crime and current affairs to science, lifestyle and 3D. We work for big name networks such as Reelz, Discovery, Nat Geo, History, and Red Bull
ResponsibilitiesPrimary Responsibilities include:
LOTS OF RESEARCH
- Experience using online, primary source, etc
- Brainstorming and researching ideas, talent, and resources to assist in story development and production of programs
- Mass casting posts and vetting
- Organization of talent
- Assistance conducting phone and/or Skype interviews
- Quick character reel edits on iMovie or FCP
- Graphic manipulation experience is a plus
- Formatting in PowerPoint or Word
- Presentation writing (please include cover letter)
- Pre-production assistance (locations, wardrobe, casting)
- Research stock footage, music, etc for licensing
- Transcriptions and Script conforming
- Deliverables creation
Assistance in general administration duties
- Document organization and management
- Monitor various news outlets and television websites
- Maintain and update databases for business development and client relationships
- Maintaining schedule of development and casting calendar
RequirementsThe ideal candidate has the following qualities:
· Must have or be pursuing BA. Preferably in communications, film, media or related field
· Excellent organizational skills.
· Complete MS Office knowledge (word, excel, and access) and great computer skills in general.
· Working knowledge of iMovie, FCP 7, and/or Avid preferred
· Genuine interest in television/internet trends and evolutions.
· Excellent research skills, highly resourceful and creative thinker, and a self-starter.
· Responsible, ambitious, enthusiastic, professional, confident, sense of humor.
Must be available 16-24 hours/week for 12+ weeks.
Must be College Credit eligible or recent graduate within six months
Office is located in Glover Park. We are not easily metro accessible but we are on bus routes 31, 32, & 36.
Please send an email with resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line "Spring 2016 TV Intern" or "Summer 2016 TV Intern"
No phone calls, please. :)