Video Editing and Video Production Interns for Comic Book WebsiteBookmark This
Posted: September 16 2016
Company Location: New York, NY
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 14 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionComicsVerse is a burgeoning authority on comic book analysis, an avid advocate for underrated work and the go-to site for all things comics. We cover new releases, provide in-depth analysis of existing comics and graphic novels, and we offer content for the seasoned comic reader and the newcomer alike. Our editors are from a wide range of universities, interests, and strengths. We operate like a startup – Nobody wears just one hat. We are a group of inspired writers, speakers, interviewers, editors and filmmakers looking to expand.
We’re looking for talented video production and video editing interns with or without a passion for comic books and the comic book industry for Fall 2016. The ideal candidate is a self-starter, a quick learner and a lover of creating video content. Also, long days at the office means meals are provided for you!
– College credit
– Networking opportunities with authors and representatives of upcoming and major comic book companies.
– Opportunities to learn through writing, editing and interview training
– Awesome work environment.
– The pPossibility of attending events such as Comic Con with the company.
– Material to put in your portfolio!
It is our preference that you apply directly here:
Responsibilities– film crew one or two days a week designated to video filming
– editing a minimum of two (2) videos, up to 15 minutes in length, per week
– setting up the studio in our apartment office on designated filming days
– cataloging current and past videos
– camera operation
– possibly attending comic conventions (for free on us) and filming and editing interviews
Requirements– Highly creative and organized; able to meet tight deadlines in a fast paced environment.
– Works well with a team but also has leadership qualities.
– Prior experience with video is obviously preferred.