CARIBBEAN & URBAN MULTI-MEDIA COMPANY LOOKING FOR FALL/WINTER 2016 INTERNS!Established in 88
Video Production Intern - Scottsdale, ArizonaEpic Productions LLC
Video EditorPoplar Network
Web DesignPoplar Network
Gaming/FIFA/eSports Media Contributor - Travel Opportunities!Title Race
Media Intern (Film/Video/Photo)Nutrition 1st
Social Media Internship for the George Gee Swing OrchestraGeorge Gee Swing Orchestra
Video Production InternTaro
Videographer (Production or Post-Production)Bookmark This
419 7th St. NW
Posted: August 02 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe #LIVEDOPE Movement is a youth-collaborative organization and community network, focused on inspiring this generation of teens and young adults to discover their passion , and empower them to develop and define that passion as we help in leading them to into a future with a known purpose. To know your passion is to find your purpose.
We connect with youth by means of 5 different platforms to currently include: A website, social media feeds, youtube, and I.R.L. (in real life) workshops, with an app in the near future. A few of our main components include #DOPEVIEWS (a deeper view into the life of a dope professional who is living in their passion), #DOPESPOTLIGHTS (recognition of a teen or young adult in pursuit of their passion), #DOPEPAGES (a youth-focused resource directory created with youth-focused organizations) and #DOPECONNECTIONS (individual peer-to-peer community connections).
The #LIVEDOPE Movement is a relatively new initiative with a small team but we have come a long way in a short period of time - even though we still have a long way to go - and are currently redeveloping for the summer. The goal of the movement and our platforms is to become (and remain) THE popular and main source for inspiration and resource of self discovery for teens and young adults.
This intern position plays an instrumental role in the creation of videos (from beginning to end) for LIVEDOPEtv, where we provide interviews, promo videos, commercials, and possible involvement in the development of media for the app that is currently under development.
This is the ideal position* for someone who has enough knowledge to successful help implement the vision of both shooting and editing professional quality videos but also for someone super creative to bring new ideas to the table and looking to get 100% hands on/field experience and be a part of something great.
*this position is either for one person who does the shooting and editing OR we will split the position and hire two interns - one to shoot and one to edit.
If seriously interested, you can apply through internships.com or email your resume and cover letter directly to Cameron Govan, Founder & CEO, at Cameron@livedopemovement.com
please note, this internship is unpaid & you must live within DC, Maryland or Virginia - as we shoot most of our videos at our office, located in downtown DC.
In your submission statement, please state your preferred start date.
Responsibilities- Assist in all aspects of video communications and contribute to planning a
- Assist in the end-to-end process from shooting to editing and publishing
- Film video in studio and field environments
- Use original and stock footage to produce new videos
- Contribute to mixing and editing to create polished and engaging videos
- Publish videos primarily to the web
Requirements- Hard working and motivated
- Actively involved in the community
- Able to successfully handle multiple tasks at once
- Creative, flexible, versatile and display growth potential
- Open-minded, a fast learner, and enthusiastic.
- Have the potential to deliver videos that succinctly and clearly tell the desired story
- Ability to deliver videos with cuts, graphics, sound and other elements that convey a quality production value and a level of technical sophistication
- Experience with Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere, Adobe Captivate and Adobe Photoshop
- Knowledge of digital videography and photography cameras and equipment*
*You must have your own professional grade equipment