Cammack Tucker Registrar Internship ProgramBookmark This
AACA Museum Inc.
161 Museum Drive
The AACA Museum is a non-profit 5013c institution dedicated to the preservation of transportation vehicles via education and entertainment. The AACA Museum (Antique Automobile Club of America) has been established since 2003. More details: www.aacamuseum.org
About the Program
The Cammack Tucker Registrar Internship (via the AACA Museum) runs Tuesday through Friday year round during museum business hours (some weekends possible), within the collections room. The AACA Museum is looking for interns to work a minimum of two days a week. This program is open to both high school and college students of a serious to mind to intern within a fast paced museum. The chosen applicants are expected to perform their duties and uphold the same rules and regulations as paid employees.
The responsible candidates for this project will assist in the first phase of the project (currently in progress) cataloguing the Cammack Tucker collection for exhibition in to the permanent exhibit scheduled to open as Phase I in October 2014. The Tucker Automobile and artifact collection will be the world's largest community accessible holdings of artifacts in one place.
Cataloguing software utilized by the AACA Museum, Past Perfect 4.0.
Reports to the Exhibit Programs Director
ResponsibilitiesAs the size of this collection is so massive, the responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
• Researching individual artifacts / persons for detail information
• Digitization of documents
• Audio / Video archival
• Barcode tagging
• Proper storage of each object not used for the first half of the exhibit
• Other duties as assigned as it relates to the Cammack Tucker collection
Applicants should not get it into their head that they will have access to drive any of the collection vehicles.
Exhibit Management will be accepting applications for student interns on an ongoing basis starting immediately. The program is an unpaid internship to applicants who:
• Are currently enrolled in:
o College – maintained at least a 2.75 GPA
o High School – maintained at least a 2.75 GPA
• have completed their sophomore year by the end of spring 2014
o Will consider sophomore applications based on GPA and teacher/professor recommendation letters
• ability to lift up to 30lbs
• have access to the internet to receive project updates
• a method of transportation to/from AACA Museum.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply for consideration including the following:
• Complete online form
Include the additional information below: you can be attached with online form depending on account status. Can be forwarded separately to: email@example.com with the subject line: Cammack Tucker Registrar Intern
• Proof of academic enrollment
• A letter of recommendation from current or former college or high school professor / teacher, academic advisors, or current or recent employers
• a resume or curriculum vitae
• a short essay describing the interest, skills, and experience that the candidate could bring to the program along with what the intern hopes to take away from their experience from this particular project.