Archive InternBookmark This
The Lucy Desi Center for Comedy
2 West Third Street
DescriptionThe mission of the Lucy Desi Center for Comedy, a 501(c)(3) non-profit, is to preserve the legacy of Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz and enrich the world through the healing powers of love and laughter through its commitment to the development of the comedic arts. The Lucy Desi Center for Comedy has a four-pillar Legacy of Laughter vision that includes The Lucille Ball Comedy Festival, Comedic Arts Education Program, Comedy Film Festival, and the establishment of the first National Comedy Museum and Hall of Fame.
The purpose of this internship is to give students valuable experience in the archival world at a national-caliber level.
Please visit www.Lucy-Desi.com and www.LucyComedyFest.com for more information.
Responsibilities· Archival arrangement and description
· Conservation and preservation of paper, photographs, costumes, personal memorabilia, and more
· Researching and recording the history of Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz
· Updating exhibits and displays
· Use of the web, new media, and social media
Requirements· Knowledge in organizing and classifying archival records
· Comprehension in authenticating historical documents.
· Knowledge in providing reference services for users needing archival materials
· Acquiring or have acquired a degree in archival studies
· Ability to locate new materials for acquisition or display