HR InternNY Hall of Science
Collections InternshipPro Football Hall of Fame
Historian/Library Science Internship - Unpaid - Fall 2014 - Bay City, MichiganAntique Toy & Firehouse Museum
Museum Administration and Management InternshipEastern NC Regional Science Center (GO-Science)
Curation and Archives InternBookmark This
Lucy Desi Museum & Center for Comedy
2 W. 3rd Street
DescriptionThe Lucy Desi Museum & Center for Comedy is currently looking for a curation and archives intern. This is a great opportunity to become involved with a non-profit organization with worldwide credibility, and also to gain real-life experiences and connections. This is an unpaid internship.
Lucille Ball’s hometown of Jamestown, NY has honored the legacy of “The First Couple of Comedy” with its renowned museum attraction since 1996. Tripling in size in 2006, the mission of the museum and center for comedy is to preserve the legacy of Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz and enrich the world through the healing powers of love and laughter through its commitment to the development of the comedic arts.
The Lucy Desi Museum & Center for Comedy also produces the Lucille Ball Comedy Festival annually. In 2013, the festival featured Bill Engvall, Kathleen Madigan, and a “Comics to Watch” showcase of upcoming comedians presented by Pandora Internet Radio™, and past festivals have featured Ray Romano, Ellen DeGeneres, Lewis Black, Billy Gardell, Joan Rivers, Paula Poundstone, Tammy Pescatelli, and many more. Full details of the 2014 Lucille Ball Comedy Festival will be announced early in spring.
The Lucille Ball Comedy Festival is the first pillar in a four-pillar Legacy of Laughter vision for the organization, including a comedic arts education program, a comedy film festival and the establishment of a first National Comedy Center.
Responsibilities- Help categorize and arrange archives of the Lucy Desi Museum & Center for Comedy.
- Help research and report information on the histories of Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz.
- Assist in the conservation and preservation of paper, photographs, costumes, personal memorabilia and more.
- Assist in updating exhibits and displays.
- Other duties as appropriate and necessary.
Requirements- Must be able to work a minimum of 15 hours a week. Applications for this program are accepted throughout the year.
- Knowledge in cataloging archival records and a familiarity with Past Perfect 5 archival software is preferred.
- Must be a strong writer and communicator.
- Must be pursuing a career in archival studies or other related field.
- Comprehension in authenticating historical documents.
- Ability to locate new materials for acquisition or display.