History Museum InternshipBookmark This
Museums of Los Gatos
75 Church St
Los Gatos, CA
DescriptionFine-tune research skills and gain experience in a museum setting with this internship offered through the Museums of Los Gatos. Interns report directly to the History Curator and will be given opportunities for leadership and independent projects. The History Museum of Los Gatos needs curatorial interns to assist in exhibit research, development and installation.
Classroom credit available for qualified candidates. Some work from home is possible.
Potential Internship Projects Curatorial Research
Researching and writing artifact labels and text panels.
Assist in the installation and de-installation of permanent and temporary exhibits
Assist in the provenance research of objects that are candidates for de-accession. The internship may be one project or a combination of projects.
Curatorial Interns may also be expected to occasionally write for, update, and contribute to the Museum’s social media sites.
Exhibit and Research Topics Include:
History of Los Gatos
Environmental History in the Bay Area
Community Story Map/StoryCorps program
• Intern must commit to at least 10 hours of work per week
• Strong organizational skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work independently and as a team member
• Knowledge of database programs
• Expressed interest in learning more about a collections department