MUSEUM MANAGEMENT INTERNBookmark This
Pine Mountain Gold Museum
1881 Stockmar Road
Villa Rica, GA
DescriptionPine Mountain Gold Museum is museum focusing on local history, including the 1826 Gold Rush. Our property includes an actual gold mine, museum, gift shop, area for tourists to pan for gold and gemstones, a working 1858 Stamp Mill, a corn grist mill, miles of walking trails, a farm animal exhibit, historic ruins, and an amusement-size train.
Pine Mountain Gold Museum is looking for one qualified intern to join our team in a museum management capacity. Our museum is open to the public, conducts prearranged group tours, and hosts events throughout the year. Some weekends will be required.
This intern should be prepared to work in a diverse team environment, and will finish the internship having gained broad experience in various aspects of museum management.
Responsibilities• Operate the cash register and greet customers in the gift shop
• Learn how to run closing reports for the cash registers and count cash drawers
• Create and analyze reports for revenue and expenses
• Assist in processing expenses for payment
• Learn how to create time sheets and manage for payroll
• Conduct tours for groups of our museum and our historic trails as needed
• Assist in maintaining exhibits, museum area, grounds, and gift shop
• Contribute to event planning and demonstrations for special events
• Assist in finalizing Staff Handbook
• Some administrative duties as needed
RequirementsOur company is looking for an undergraduate student in the Villa Rica or the surrounding area who is majoring in related fields. This person should have excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as computer skills. Experience working with groups is a bonus, and will be considered when choosing the best applicant for this internship position.
History, Business, Management, Education, Sports Management, Museum Studies, Earth Science, Communication, Community Education
Other majors will also be considered where relevant