Museum Education InternshipBookmark This
Vulcan Park and Museum
1701 Valley View Drive
DescriptionWe are a small non-profit museum interpreting the history of the Vulcan statue and the city of Birmingham.
We provide interns with experience working in several areas of a non-profit organization including, but not limited to, education, public relations, marketing, visitor services, event coordinating, and basic day-to-day operations; to help develop skills and habits needed to retain a full-time job; to complete a project in a department relating to students’ career interests.
- researches information for exhibits (sourcing photographs, retrieving sources, bibliography, fact checking)
- assists with collecting and transcribing oral histories
- curates slideshow in Birmingham Today gallery
- curates pictures for table map in Birmingham Today gallery
- archives previous exhibits
- archives VPM collection materials
- researches visitor survey records
- handles registration and organization for the Spring Walking Tours
- other duties as assigned
- leads school and group tours
- greets tour groups
- sets up for tours
- assists with filings in any of the departments
- assists with mailings conducted by any department
- maintains a high level of professionalism in fulfillment of duties and responsibilities, and identifies and performs other duties necessary in the fulfillment of VPF mission
- follows policies and procedures set by Vulcan Park.
- exhibits willingness to perform whatever duties are necessary for the enhancement of Vulcan Park.
- supports the functions and activities of the department.
- demonstrates a considerate, friendly and constructive attitude toward fellow employees.
- treats customers in a courteous, respectful manner at all times