School Program InternBookmark This
Marbles Kids Museum
201 E Hargett St
DescriptionMarbles Kids Museum is a hands-on, minds-on museum that inspires imagination, discovery and learning through extraordinary adventures and larger-than-life IMAX® experiences. For more information, visit www.marbleskidsmuseum.org.
Marbles Kids Museum has an unpaid internship available on the Exhibits and Programs Team.
School Programs Intern—Learning Labs and Workshops
School Programs Interns assist museum staff with the set up and delivery of our hands-on, minds-on school programs—Learning Labs and Workshops. Learning Labs extend the IMAX documentary film experience for students in grades 4-8 with 45 minutes of interactive, experiential learning activities. Workshops extend the museum gallery experience for students in grades 4-5 with a 45-minute dynamic, interactive educational workshop.
The intern will develop and use skills in guest relations, public speaking, instructional delivery, classroom management, and curriculum development and implementation.
• Assisting with program delivery
• Preparing and managing program materials
• Program set-up
• Assisting with program development
• As time allows, assisting with other museum programs and events
• Major in education or communications preferred
• Strong presentation/public speaking skills
• A commitment to customer service
• Strong multi-tasking and communication skills
• Ability to be both a self-starter and a team player
• Willingness to work with middle school and elementary-age children and large groups
• 9 am-1 pm, one or more days per week, Tues.-Fri.