Digital Humanities InternshipGeopast
KidSPACE Internship Fall 2017Cincinnati Museum Center
Fall '17 Education Internship at the Children's Creativity MuseumChildren's Creativity Museum
Specialty Curatorial Internship - Fall & Winter 2017 | Spring & Summer 2018 AvailableAACA Museum Inc.
Specialty (Fire Truck) Curatorial Internship - Fall & Winter 2017 | Spring & Summer 2018 AvailableAACA Museum Inc.
Personal Assistant NeededBisong art gallery
Grant Writing InternBeaverdam Heritage Day Foundation
Archaeology Internship Fall 2017Cincinnati Museum Center
Library Services InternBookmark This
Woman's Missionary Union (WMU)
100 Missionary Ridge
Posted: September 15 2015
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionFounded in 1888, WMU is a missions organization that has educated and involved generations upon generations in Christian missions. Our purpose—to challenge Christian believers to understand and be radically involved in the mission of God—is accomplished through our age-level missions organizations and hands-on missions opportunities.
WMU is a nonprofit organization headquartered in Birmingham, Alabama, that offers a vast array of missions resources including curriculum for age-level organizations in churches, volunteer opportunities, conferences, leadership training, ministry ideas and models, books, and much more.
• Standard archival procedures – classifying, sorting, and possibly entering information on database for archival holdings (paper and electronic records)
• Digitization and classification of photograph, slide, and print collections
• Converting audiovisual materials (videotapes, audiotapes) to electronic media
• Basics of corporate records management
• Preparing museum exhibits/building displays
Responsibilities- Digitizing archival holdings (scanning/converting to JPEGs/PDFs/MP3s/DVDs, etc.)
- Updating inventories (artifacts and costumes)
- Working with Library/Archives staff on building and museum displays
- Possibly indexing materials and WMU Board and Annual Meeting minutes
Those with interests in History, Library and Information Science, Women's Studies, Art, and Business will find this internship beneficial.