Exhibitions InternMaltz Museum of Jewish Heritage
Programming & EducationHistoric Bethlehem Museums & Sites
Sales & Retail ManagementHistoric Bethlehem Museums & Sites
Collections and Exhibition ManagementHistoric Bethlehem Museums & Sites
Historic Site ManagementHistoric Bethlehem Museums & Sites
Curatorial Intern (Unpaid)The Branch Museum of Architecture and Design
Archive and Curatorial InternshipNew London County Historical Society
Librarian-Curator InternshipThe Mansion on O Street
Archive InternshipBookmark This
Pacific Science Center
200 Second Ave. North
Posted: September 12 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionSince 1962, Pacific Science Center has accumulated numerous archival items. The archive includes over fifty years of board meeting minutes, Seattle World’s Fair materials, photographs, and more. An Archive Intern is needed to assist with the ongoing organization of Pacific Science Center’s paper and photo archives. The Intern will inventory, catalogue, and re-house items within the archive. This internship is an excellent opportunity for a Museology student seeking a thesis project as several potential projects have been identified. A detail-oriented individual with a background in collections management, museum studies, library sciences, and/or archives is an ideal candidate for this internship.
To apply email cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the appropriate intern position title in the subject line.
• Continue to expand the digitization and proper storage of board meeting minutes
• Identify, catalogue and re-house select World’s Fair memorabilia, organize the items with by labeling and housing of photos
• Demonstrate leadership skills by making archival/collections decisions
• Develop collections policy skills by creating photograph digitization standards
• Strengthen communication, interpersonal, and customer service skills through diverse interactions with Pacific Science Center staff, volunteers, and visitors
If you apply an in-person interview is required.
• Must have very strong attention to detail
• Must be able to provide 3 references and pass a background check
• Excellent verbal communication skills
• Courteous professional manner
• Ability to exercise sound judgment and discretion
• Ability to present oneself in a professional manner with regards to personal appearance and hygiene
• Smiling team player, with a pleasant disposition and service orientation
SkillsRequired - Background Art, Archival Management, Managment
Preferred - Museology, Non-profit Administration, Library Science, Historian