LOOKING FOR A PERSONAL ASSISTANTChasen Galleries Inc
SEEKING FOR A PERSONAL ASSISTANTTurnKey Art Solutions
Personal Assistant for Creative ProfessionalVoila Gallery
Personal Assistant WantedVara Fine Arts
Research AssociateNMAR Inc.
FUNDRAISING INTERNSHIP, SECOND CHANCE PROGRAMMOHLA - Museum of Humanity Los Angeles
Museum Collections Internship at Albany County Historical AssociationAlbany County Historical Association at Ten Broeck Mansion
Executive/Personal AssistantValley House Gallery
Boeing Learning Center InternshipBookmark This
700 Pennsylvania Ave. NW
Posted: November 01 2015
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionWould you like experience:
• teaching children and adults in a museum?
• creating activities based on primary sources?
• using social media to share historical documents?
• helping visitors understand our nation’s past?
Boeing Learning Center interns help visitors of all ages become excited about history and engage them in document-based activities. The internship duties are varied and include:
• assisting with Constitution-related workshops for students
• leading visitors in hands-on museum activities
• helping develop family programming
• conducting research to identify documents for educational materials and programs
• working with DocsTeach, the National Archives’ lesson-plan building website
• supporting teacher workshop activities
• writing blog posts
• leading tours for special groups
Students majoring in history, education, political science, American studies, public history, museum studies, or a related field are a good match for this internship. Interns must enjoy working with people, understand historical methods, have excellent interpersonal skills, have strong writing skills, and be able to work in teams and independently.
For more information on the Boeing Learning Center go to: Boeing Learning Center http://www.archives.gov/education/student-visits/dc.html
How to Apply
Please submit the following:
• cover letter
• two letters of recommendation
• college transcript (does not need to be official)
Where to Send Applications:
Office of Education and Public Programs, G-9
National Archives and Records Administration
700 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
Washington DC 20408-0001
Fall and spring: deadline is rolling
Summer: applications received by March 15 are guaranteed consideration; applications received after that date are accepted if space is available
Whom to Contact :
If you have questions regarding this internship opportunity, please email email@example.com or call (202) 357-7496.