Sustainability InternCincinnati Museum Center
Animal Resources Intern Summer 2017Cincinnati Museum Center
Collections InternshipStan Hywet Hall & Gardens
MIT Museum Public Programs Summer InternshipsMIT Museum
The Museum at FIT InternshipMuseum at FIT
Lawn Event Photography InternLarz Anderson Auto Museum
Lawn Event InternLarz Anderson Auto Museum
Curation and Archives InternNational Comedy Center, Inc.
Collections Management InternshipBookmark This
Corning Museum of Glass
5 Museum Way
Posted: November 16 2015
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe Corning Museum of Glass cares for and displays the world’s best collection of art and historical glass, encompassing 3500 years of history and more than 50,000 glass objects. The collections management intern will have the opportunity to shadow registrars, preparators and the Collections and Exhibitions Manager to get a varied understanding of the department’s role and responsibility within the museum.
• Attend communications, curatorial and collections management team meetings.
• Attend object handling training taught by Chief Conservator.
• Training with registration staff in the use and maintenance of the museum’s collection database system MIMSY.
• Training with preparation staff to preform gallery maintenance, object movement, packing and object cleaning.
• $3,000 stipend for full-time internship (summer only)
• 15% Discount in The Corning Museum of Glass Shops
• 15% Discount in The Corning Museum of Glass Café
• Free admission to the museum for you and your guests
Applicant must provide a letter of intent, outline of independent coursework (to assess the student’s academic needs) and two academic references to email@example.com.
Responsibilities• Assist in projects defined by Collections & Exhibitions Manager.
• Assists registration team with data entry and inventory control.
• Assists preparation team with general gallery maintenance and installations.