PERSONAL ASSISTANT/TECHIEKing's Gallery
Center for the Holographic Arts– museum internCenter for the Holographic Arts
EXECUTIVE/PERSONAL ASSISTANTGlave Kosen Gallery
Social Media Development InternNMAR Inc.
Personal Assistant WantedHillview Art
Executive and Personal AssistantGross Brian Fine Art
Custer Battleground Museum Fall InternshipCuster Battlefield Museum
Monticello Education InternPeoria PlayHouse Children's Museum
Collections Management InternshipBookmark This
Corning Museum of Glass
5 Museum Way
Posted: November 16 2015
DescriptionThe Corning Museum of Glass cares for and displays the world’s best collection of art and historical glass, encompassing 3500 years of history and more than 50,000 glass objects. The collections management intern will have the opportunity to shadow registrars, preparators and the Collections and Exhibitions Manager to get a varied understanding of the department’s role and responsibility within the museum.
• Attend communications, curatorial and collections management team meetings.
• Attend object handling training taught by Chief Conservator.
• Training with registration staff in the use and maintenance of the museum’s collection database system MIMSY.
• Training with preparation staff to preform gallery maintenance, object movement, packing and object cleaning.
• $3,000 stipend for full-time internship (summer only)
• 15% Discount in The Corning Museum of Glass Shops
• 15% Discount in The Corning Museum of Glass Café
• Free admission to the museum for you and your guests
Applicant must provide a letter of intent, outline of independent coursework (to assess the student’s academic needs) and two academic references to email@example.com.
Responsibilities• Assist in projects defined by Collections & Exhibitions Manager.
• Assists registration team with data entry and inventory control.
• Assists preparation team with general gallery maintenance and installations.