Summer Intership Opportunities with Frazier MuseumFrazier History Museum
Campus Internship - $23/hr - NationwideVeryones
Curatorial Internship - Summer & Fall 2017 AvailableAACA Museum
Automotive Curatorial Internship - Summer & Fall 2017 AvailableAACA Museum
Volunteer Management InternshipPro Football Hall of Fame
Museum InternCaptain's Cove Seaport
ITALIAN AMERICAN MUSEUM OF LOS ANGELES PAID SUMMER INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITYItalian American Museum of Los Angeles
Volunteer Services InternOMSI
Education InternshipBookmark This
Corning Museum of Glass
5 Museum Way
Posted: November 16 2015
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe Education Department of the Corning Museum of Glass is pleased to announce an internship open to undergraduate and graduate students interested in assisting with museum interpretation related to the art, history, and science of glass. The internship provides an opportunity to study at the most comprehensive glass museum in the world, to have access to the library of record on glass, and to learn from top professionals in the field.
• Gain an understanding of museum education in a specialized art museum
• Experience interdisciplinary planning, programming and interpretation in an institution dedicated to art, history, science and technology
• Take advantage of opportunities for professional development
• 15% discount in Museum Shops and Café
• Free admission to the museum for you and your guests
• Opportunities to attend staff events and artist lectures
• We are willing to work with your institution to provide academic credit, when requested.
Send the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org:
• Letter of introduction explaining your current areas of study and interest in glass museum education
• Two sealed letters of recommendation or contact information (phone and email) for references.
• All applications will be reviewed by our internship selection committee and selected individuals may be asked to interview in person or over the phone.
Responsibilities• Actively participate on content and program development teams
• Conduct project-based research
• Modify web-based glass dictionary to appeal to various learning styles
Requirements• Interest in becoming a museum educator.
• Currently enrolled in one of the following degree programs: science or art education, museum education or museum studies, non-profit management.
• The preferred candidate should be energetic, resourceful, and motivated. The individual must have excellent writing, research, and communication skills, attention to detail, ability to multitask, and a strong capacity to work independently.