Collections InternshipStan Hywet Hall & Gardens
MIT Museum Public Programs Summer InternshipsMIT Museum
The Museum at FIT InternshipMuseum at FIT
Lawn Event Photography InternLarz Anderson Auto Museum
Lawn Event InternLarz Anderson Auto Museum
Curation and Archives InternNational Comedy Center, Inc.
Street Team Intern Summer 2017Cincinnati Museum Center
General Museum InternshipLakeshore Museum Center
Museum Education InternshipBookmark This
Vulcan Park and Museum
1701 Valley View Drive
Posted: June 02 2015
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionWe are a small non-profit museum interpreting the history of the Vulcan statue and the city of Birmingham.
We provide interns with experience working in several areas of a non-profit organization including, but not limited to, education, public relations, marketing, visitor services, event coordinating, and basic day-to-day operations; to help develop skills and habits needed to retain a full-time job; to complete a project in a department relating to students’ career interests.
- leads school and group tours
- greets tour groups
- set-up for tours
- helps create curriculum-based content for educational programs
- writes articles for educational newsletter
- helps train new docents to lead tour groups
- assists with filings in any of the departments
- assists with mailings conducted by any department
- maintains a high level of professionalism in fulfillment of duties and responsibilities, and identifies and performs other duties necessary in the fulfillment of VPM mission
- exhibits willingness to perform whatever duties are necessary for the enhancement of Vulcan Park.
- supports the functions and activities of the department.
- demonstrates a considerate, friendly and constructive attitude toward fellow employees.
- treats customers in a courteous, respectful manner at all times
Requirements• Junior or Senior in an accredited college or university
• Strong writing and research skills
• Must be organized and have excellent time management