Campus Internship - $23/hr - NationwideVeryones
Curatorial Internship - Summer & Fall 2017 AvailableAACA Museum
Automotive Curatorial Internship - Summer & Fall 2017 AvailableAACA Museum
Volunteer Management InternshipPro Football Hall of Fame
Museum InternCaptain's Cove Seaport
ITALIAN AMERICAN MUSEUM OF LOS ANGELES PAID SUMMER INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITYItalian American Museum of Los Angeles
Volunteer Services InternOMSI
Featured Exhibit InternOMSI
Museum Education InternshipBookmark This
Vulcan Park and Museum
1701 Valley View Drive
Posted: June 02 2015
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionWe are a small non-profit museum interpreting the history of the Vulcan statue and the city of Birmingham.
We provide interns with experience working in several areas of a non-profit organization including, but not limited to, education, public relations, marketing, visitor services, event coordinating, and basic day-to-day operations; to help develop skills and habits needed to retain a full-time job; to complete a project in a department relating to students’ career interests.
- leads school and group tours
- greets tour groups
- set-up for tours
- helps create curriculum-based content for educational programs
- writes articles for educational newsletter
- helps train new docents to lead tour groups
- assists with filings in any of the departments
- assists with mailings conducted by any department
- maintains a high level of professionalism in fulfillment of duties and responsibilities, and identifies and performs other duties necessary in the fulfillment of VPM mission
- exhibits willingness to perform whatever duties are necessary for the enhancement of Vulcan Park.
- supports the functions and activities of the department.
- demonstrates a considerate, friendly and constructive attitude toward fellow employees.
- treats customers in a courteous, respectful manner at all times
Requirements• Junior or Senior in an accredited college or university
• Strong writing and research skills
• Must be organized and have excellent time management