Exhibitions InternMaltz Museum of Jewish Heritage
Programming & EducationHistoric Bethlehem Museums & Sites
Sales & Retail ManagementHistoric Bethlehem Museums & Sites
Collections and Exhibition ManagementHistoric Bethlehem Museums & Sites
Historic Site ManagementHistoric Bethlehem Museums & Sites
Curatorial Intern (Unpaid)The Branch Museum of Architecture and Design
Archive and Curatorial InternshipNew London County Historical Society
Librarian-Curator InternshipThe Mansion on O Street
Museum Education InternshipBookmark This
Vulcan Park and Museum
1701 Valley View Drive
Posted: June 02 2015
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionWe are a small non-profit museum interpreting the history of the Vulcan statue and the city of Birmingham.
We provide interns with experience working in several areas of a non-profit organization including, but not limited to, education, public relations, marketing, visitor services, event coordinating, and basic day-to-day operations; to help develop skills and habits needed to retain a full-time job; to complete a project in a department relating to students’ career interests.
- leads school and group tours
- greets tour groups
- set-up for tours
- helps create curriculum-based content for educational programs
- writes articles for educational newsletter
- helps train new docents to lead tour groups
- assists with filings in any of the departments
- assists with mailings conducted by any department
- maintains a high level of professionalism in fulfillment of duties and responsibilities, and identifies and performs other duties necessary in the fulfillment of VPM mission
- exhibits willingness to perform whatever duties are necessary for the enhancement of Vulcan Park.
- supports the functions and activities of the department.
- demonstrates a considerate, friendly and constructive attitude toward fellow employees.
- treats customers in a courteous, respectful manner at all times
Requirements• Junior or Senior in an accredited college or university
• Strong writing and research skills
• Must be organized and have excellent time management