Spring '17 Education Internship at the Children's Creativity MuseumChildren's Creativity Museum
Aboriginal Cultures Museum Education InternshipThe Schiele Museum of Natural History
The Ringling Museum Summer Internship ProgramThe John and Mable Ringling Museum of Art
Curating Mixed Relaties – project internCenter for the Holographic Arts
Museum InternsFrank Lloyd Wright Trust
EMP Museum is Seeking a Collections InternEMP Museum
Programming & EducationHistoric Bethlehem Museums & Sites
Sales & Retail ManagementHistoric Bethlehem Museums & Sites
Museum InternBookmark This
Baker Heritage Museum
9308 Grove Street
Baker City, OR
Posted: May 16 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 2 Full-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionBaker Heritage Museum
Home of Baker County History
Housed in the historic 1920 Natatorium, the Baker Heritage Museum, formerly Oregon Trail Regional Museum, displays and interprets the rich history of the region.
Permanent and changing exhibits of mining, timber, ranching, agriculture, early Baker City life, Chinese culture and wildlife fill the 33,000 square foot building. Whether you spend an hour or spend the day touring the museum you will come away with an appreciation of our region and the people who settled here. Open daily March-October.
Adler House Museum is a historic 1889 Italiante house museum donated to the Baker Heritage Museum from local philanthropist Leo Adler. Open on weekends.
We are searching for an Intern to add to our dedicated and enthusiastic team. Hours and time frame are both flexible. Opportunity for stipend available.
Responsibilities- Support and expand current exhibits and programming
- Assist in museum administrative tasks
- Assist in management, research, communication and coordination of exhibits
- Assist during events and receptions
- Maintain website, blog and social media network presence
- Handle and curate valuable artifacts and archives.
Requirements- Museum Studies/Administration students preferred
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication
- Possess multi-tasking and coordination experience
- Passion for history and museums a must
- Demonstrate attention to details while maintaining perspective
- Have working knowledge of MS Office Suite; Past Perfect preferred
SkillsRequired - Microsoft, Museum Collections, Museum Education, Museum Planning, Museum Studies
Preferred - PastPerfect, Marketing