Part time Admin AssistantGet Up Gallery
LOOKING FOR A PERSONAL ASSISTANTChasen Galleries Inc
SEEKING FOR A PERSONAL ASSISTANTTurnKey Art Solutions
Personal Assistant for Creative ProfessionalVoila Gallery
Personal Assistant WantedVara Fine Arts
FUNDRAISING INTERNSHIP, SECOND CHANCE PROGRAMMOHLA - Museum of Humanity Los Angeles
Museum Collections Internship at Albany County Historical AssociationAlbany County Historical Association at Ten Broeck Mansion
Executive/Personal AssistantValley House Gallery
National History Day InternshipBookmark This
700 Pennsylvania Ave. NW
Posted: November 01 2015
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionWould you like experience applying your love of history and your teaching interests in to event planning and management in a professional museum setting?
The National Archives’ Office of Education and Public Programs is looking for a motivated, organized and personable student to assist with preparations for and the execution of the District of Columbia’s National History Day competition. National History Day makes history come alive for students by engaging them in the discovery of the historic, cultural and social experiences of the past.
The internship duties can include:
• Serving as a liaison between DC teachers and the National Archives
• Coaching students with research and project development
• Organizing logistics for the two-day competition, held in the spring
• Supporting school-level NHD competition within the District of Columbia
• Publicizing the DC National History Day program through print and social media outlets
• Developing material for student and teacher workshops
• leading visitors in hands-on museum activities
• leading tours for special groups
Students majoring in history, education, political science, American studies, public history, museum studies, or a related field are a good match for this internship. Interns must enjoy working with people, understand historical methods, have excellent interpersonal skills, have strong writing skills, and be able to work in teams and independently. National History Day alumni are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
Please submit the following:
• cover letter
• two letters of recommendation
• college transcript (does not need to be official)
Where to Send Applications:
Office of Education and Public Programs, G-9
National Archives and Records Administration
700 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
Washington DC 20408-0001
Fall and spring: deadline is rolling
Summer: applications received by March 15 are guaranteed consideration; applications received after that date are accepted if space is available
Whom to Contact
If you have questions regarding this internship opportunity, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (202) 357-7496.