A&R SCOUTBookmark This
DescriptionCampus DJ Description: Campus DJ is the only nationwide search for the best college DJ. In partnership with Monster Energy, GRAMMY U, and Chegg, Campus DJ produces unique experiences featuring the best collegiate DJs and major headlining talent at Campuses across the country. Winners of Regional Battles taking place on campuses will advance to the National Finale at Avalon Hollywood in Los Angeles, CA. Campus DJ is a sister event to the national College Battle of the Bands, the popular collegiate-music competition, which returns for its 5th annual competition this Fall 2014. Major headlining acts to date have included: Avicii, T-Pain, Big Sean, Dev, Carnage, Chiddy Bang, 3LAU, Wale, MNDR, Big Boi of OutKast, and many more.
Campus DJ 2013 National Finale: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uLBp0vzUoE
Campus DJ 2014 Preview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jyy2sSExNak
ResponsibilitiesHigh Level Scout Description / Responsibilities: This position is responsible for the gathering and analysis of data, in support of identifying talented new college DJs on your campus and getting them to sign up at campusdj.com where they will create a profile and enter to compete in the Campus DJ College DJ Championships. This role requires a general knowledge of music across all popular genres, general insight into the music business, a strong understanding of how major music websites and apps work and strong organizational and communication skills.
RequirementsSelection criteria include:
- Dedication to Campus DJ and ability to commit necessary time seeking out, listening and reporting on the best College DJs on your campus and of surrounding markets
- Sincere desire to represent Campus DJ
- Enthusiastic about the Campus DJ brand and our mission to find the best college DJ in the nation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrate solid organizational skills
- Familiar with current trends within all genres of music
*Bonus points if you’re a musician yourself