Touring & Social Media InternMezzoForte Productions
Electronic Music Internship (National)Thefuture.fm
Cornerstone F.A.R.M. Team - Music & Lifestyle/Field Rep | University of San DiegoCornerstone
Cornerstone F.A.R.M. Team - Music & Lifestyle Rep | Houston MarketCornerstone
Music Executive Seeking AssistantVie Branding Co
Digitization Intern - Archive of Contemporary MusicBookmark This
ARChive of Contemporary Music
54 White St
New York, NY
DescriptionThe ARChive of Contemporary Music is the largest collection of popular music in America, with more than two million recordings. Our music book collection is also one of the best in America, numbering 20,000+ volumes. To scan this resource the Internet Archive has installed one of their Scribe machines in our Lower Manhattan facility. When completed, all of our materials will be preserved electronically, OCR Readable, and available in-house for reading and research.
ResponsibilitiesDigitization interns will be trained to scan initially, then will be introduced to more complex tasks once they are familiar with the process. Tasks include:
* Loading, Scanning, and Republishing books while ensuring high quality standards.
* Training and working as a team.
* Trouble shooting the scribe machine, mitigating cataloging inconsistencies, and navigating open source software at Internet Archive.
* Keeping work areas and equipment clean, neat, and organized.
Requirements* Strong technical (software/hardware) and troubleshooting skills
* Ability to sit for 6-7.5 hour periods, and comfort with repetitive motion
* Highly organized
* Excellent attention to detail
* Familiarity and enthusiasm for music, books, and the arts!