Independent Record Label seeks Summer A&R InternBookmark This
515 W59th Street
New York, NY
DescriptionIndependent record label, Day One (www.thisisdayone.com), is offering an Artist and Repertoire (A&R) Internship to a dedicated and motivated candidate to join either our New York or Toronto team. You’ll be closely involved with our label's continued growth, and will work under our label’s principle artist and executives as a valued member of our team.
This position will offer a diverse wealth of experiences and is an opportunity to gain real-life experience in the music and A&R industries. If you are passionate about hip hop and have the ability to find trend-setters, please send us your cover letter and CV.
Responsibilities- Search for emerging Producers in New York and/or Toronto who could join the label as an in-house producer and contribute to Shah's sound
- Work closely with the artist and record label executives to determine beat and production needs
- Search for new beats from across North America (using websites such as SoundCloud and SoundClick) and forward your best findings to our Artist Manager and Head of A&R
- Manage and optimize Shah’s Soundcloud account
- Communicate with existing in-house producers
Requirements- Knowledge of modern hip-hop and pop-rap trends in production
- Ability to communicate with and garner results from artists and producers
- Ability to quickly adapt to a dynamic workplace
- Ability to recognize and predict the next big hit
- Punctual and reliable
- Hardworking with strong communication and organisational skills