Music InternBookmark This
Tierra del Sol Foundation
9919 Sunland Blvd.
Internship Description: Tierra del Sol is currently seeking a music intern to instruct our clients in vocal or instrumental music and foster music appreciation. The ideal candidate must have an interest in music, arts, and be a participant in a music therapy program.
• Create lesson plans weekly, which devise activities that teach clients to play instruments, sing songs, perform dance steps, and communicate through music.
• Encourage all clients to participate in-group activities.
• Include as many people as possible in the set up and clean up of the activity.
• Encourage self-advocacy and choice making opportunities.
• Give appropriate instructions to the staff assisting you in your classroom.
• Be aware of possible safety concerns and communicate them to program staff.
What you’ll gain by interning at Tierra:
Tierra del Sol is a great wonderful environment filled with welcoming and compassionate personnel. As a Tierra del Sol intern you will gain management skills, lesson-planning skills, curriculum implementation, and learn to work with a variety of people with special needs. Our interns develop new skills, more confidence, and a greater understanding of special needs education, invaluable personal and professional development.
How to Apply: Please apply immediately by emailing a cover letter and resume to Patricia Bitar at email@example.com. Please put “Theater Arts Intern” as the subject of your email. Only complete applications will be reviewed.
• General knowledge of musical instruments and music areas.
• Good communication skills and be able to establish a connection with our clients.
• Available to work at least 2 days a week from either 8:50am-10:50am or 11:50am-2:00pm.
• Experience scoring music or choreographing dance numbers.
• Patience and understanding that unconventional teaching methods may be required.
• All Interns are required to be enrolled in an accredited university and complete and pass background check and TB test, both provided by Tierra.
• A 3- 6-month minimum commitment is required. Intern will be expected to work between 15-20 hours a week during Tierra del Sol’s operation hours. This is an unpaid internship, but Tierra del Sol Foundation is amenable to accommodate your school’s internship or fieldwork credit requirements.