Music Promotions IntershipBookmark This
137 National Plaza ste 300
Oxon Hill, MD
DescriptionThe DEFCITY MUSIC GROUP is seeking Fall '12 interns for our independent music promotions company.
The Def City Music Group primarily focuses on distribution, management, marketing and promotion for the indie artist/label who wants to take their product to the next level. As we begin our mission to introduce you to the brightest stars; we thank you for your interests in working with us.
Our internship program is a great way to gain real hands on experience and professional exposure. The internship program is designed to provide motivated and interested students with knowledge of the music entertainment industry. Today’s students will become tomorrow’s leaders, and our goal is to provide these individuals with a meaningful, educational and fun experience!
This will be an unpaid internship for college credit; schedule is flexible.
You will have a chance to put your skills to use in a meaningful way, gaining practical knowledge of the music industry as well as making great contacts for your future.
ResponsibilitiesThis is what you WILL get to do:
Overseeing and developing online promotion and marketing projects
Assisting with the promotion of new releases to blogs and press.
Helping to develop marketing strategies for artists.
Assisting with social media marketing.
Assembling artist bios and press releases.
Fact checking and general research
Monitor all forms of media (Facebook, Twitter, iTunes, website etc)
Direct music taste survey marketing and listening party organization.
RequirementsThe MOST IDEAL candidate will have experience and meet the following criteria:
• Good knowledge of Rap, R&B, HIPHOP to name a few)
• Creative writing and/or experience writing articles, press releases (biographies a plus)
• Social Media (Twitter, Facebook, Soundcloud, Youtube, etc. - we will evaluate your knowledge)
• Business Development / Networking
• Graphic Design (no expert needed)
• Organizing or being a part of a street team and familiar with grassroots marketing (guerrilla marketing a plus)
• Have your own PC or Laptop (OSX preferred)
• Into DC music and nightlife - an active clubber/party-goer
• Extremely organized & trustworthy
• Attention to detail
• Positivity and willingness to impress and go above and beyond.
Age requirement (18 & Over)
Must have verification letter on school letterhead from advisor
Internships are for college credit only
Candidates must be available for interview at location of internship.
- Interns MUST be able to work at least 1-3 days a week. (3- 6 hour days)
- You must have completed your freshman year of college to apply. Please consult with your school internship advisor to ensure your eligibility for credit prior to submitting your resume.
- We are looking for enthusiastic, hard working students with a love of music and a serious interest in working in the music business.
- Fall semester timeline: September - December 2012.
OUT OF STATE APPLICANTS: To be considered for a Wash. DC area internship, please indicate on your application when you intend to be in the Wash DC area to do an internship. Travel and housing are NOT provided by DCMG.