Tech InternBookmark This
Platinum Sound Recording Studios
320 W 46th St, New York, NY 10036
New York, NY
DescriptionBoutique recording studio in midtown seeks tech interns to help and learn studio equipment.
Responsibilities1) Awareness of simple audio problems.
a) Diagnosis of noises and hums.
b) Testing level differences and “out of phase” connections.
c) Ability to explain problems in detail on a Trouble Report.
2) Skills in changing out equipment, outboard gear, amplifiers, etc.
3) Basic maintenance, dusting and cleaning gear.
4) Soldering and and connecter termination.
Requirements1) A knowlege of basic electronics.
2) Must be familiar with gear interfacing and connections.
3) Knowlege of equipment signal flow.
4) Competent using a Macintosh computer