Social Media Marketing InternnoteXplore
Production Assistant NeededTracks Production Inc
Music Publicistmusic team
Music Business Intern - Specialized Project for LiveIt!LIVELiveIt!
PWEPrimary Wave Entertainment
Music Supervision and Talent InternCreative License
Audio Engineer InernshipMTBM
Music Business Intern for Startup LiveIt!LIVELiveIt!
Editorial InternBookmark This
Girls Guide to Music
Posted: August 30 2016
Company Location: Shrewsbury, PA
Application Deadline: No Deadline
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionGirls Guide to Music is looking for a passionate, remote calendar intern who wants an introduction to the music industry. Originally titled EDM Girl, we were named Washington DC's Best Arts Blog in 2016 and continue to make our name known not only in DC but also around the world. Familiarity of electronic music is a must, connections are not required.
The proper candidate will be knowledgeable in data entry and comfortable with WordPress. Writing for the website is not required. In this role, you will take ownership of our forthcoming events calendar. It will be your job to compile events weekly (preferably 2-4 weeks in advance) for our events calendar for DC. This calendar does not currently exist but instead we have been waiting to put it into action for awhile now and finally decided to make it happen! You may also be asked to write an event preview if it is something that interests you with the potential for press passes to the event.
THIS POSITION IS REMOTE BUT YOU MUST BE IN THE DMV.
There is potential for other cities in the future - if you are interested please send us your resume + the city you are located in and we will keep your information should the opportunity arise.
Professionalism is a MUST, no fawning fangirls or fanboys.
Responsibilities- Must be comfortable working with WordPress and entering dates + events into our calendar
- You will have creative freedom to execute your vision under the supervision of GGM's Editor
- You will work directly with the Editor to determine the acceptable types of events as well as to develop a strategy to build relationships with the hosts/promoters/venues.
- Experience with graphic design a plus but not necessary.
Requirements- Must have a laptop and smartphone (none provided)
- Communications, Entertainment, Business or other relevant college major (Let's be honest: we aren't using our degree either!)
- Interest in the electronic music industry
- Detail oriented self-starter
- An excellent handle of grammar and communications skills
- Prior blogging experience is a plus
- Experience with WordPress
SkillsRequired - Music, WordPress
Preferred - Blogging