Digital Editor For Music Blog757 Media
Music Journalist Intern (Rock,Rap,EDM,R&B,POP,Country)BloggazWithAttitude.com (Online Blog Magazine)
Music Industry ResearchHRW Music Group, LLC
Anne Leighton Media Services;Music Business: Assistant to high level artist management teamFoundation for New American Art Inc.
Audio Engineer InternMoneyTBM Inc.
Dopenmean Records Marketing/Promotions internshipDopenmean
College Music Promotions & Social Media Intern757 Media
2017 City of Music Internship – due October 30EMP Museum
Independent Record Label seeks A&R InternBookmark This
529 East 12th St
New York, NY
Posted: January 07 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionIndependent record label, Day One (www.thisisdayone.com), is offering an Artist and Repertoire (A&R) Internship to a dedicated and motivated candidate to work closely with our principal artist, Shah, and our New York, Los Angeles, and Toronto teams. This position will offer a diverse wealth of experiences and is an opportunity to gain real-life experience in the music and A&R industries. If you are passionate about hip hop and have the ability to find trend-setters, please send us your cover letter and resumé. Social media, soundcloud, or any other relevant links are welcomed.
Shah's first two music videos in his cinematic music video series can be viewed here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtlRp-c6AYs&index=1&list=PLn7DCPFbMFrR9J6cqzSs09GmL2uFZtCiY
Day One's goal for all internships is for all interns to have a memorable and valuable experience with us. We specifically aim for each internship to lead to either a long-term position with Day One, or employment elsewhere in the field you are passionate about. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact us firstname.lastname@example.org.
Responsibilities- Search for emerging Producers in New York and/or Toronto who could join the label as an in-house producer and contribute to Shah's sound
- Work closely with the artist and record label executives to determine beat and production needs
- Search for new beats from across North America (using websites such as SoundCloud and SoundClick) and forward your best findings to our Artist Manager and Head of A&R
- Manage and optimize Shah’s Soundcloud account
- Communicate with existing in-house producers
Requirements- Knowledge of modern hip-hop and pop-rap trends in production
- Ability to communicate with and garner results from artists and producers
- Ability to quickly adapt to a dynamic workplace
- Ability to recognize and predict the next big hit
- Punctual and reliable
- Hardworking with strong communication and organisational skills