Social Media Marketing InternnoteXplore
Production Assistant NeededTracks Production Inc
Music Publicistmusic team
Music Business Intern - Specialized Project for LiveIt!LIVELiveIt!
PWEPrimary Wave Entertainment
Music Supervision and Talent InternCreative License
Audio Engineer InernshipMTBM
Music Business Intern for Startup LiveIt!LIVELiveIt!
Independent Record Label seeks A&R InternBookmark This
529 East 12th St
New York, NY
Posted: January 07 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionIndependent record label, Day One (www.thisisdayone.com), is offering an Artist and Repertoire (A&R) Internship to a dedicated and motivated candidate to work closely with our principal artist, Shah, and our New York, Los Angeles, and Toronto teams. This position will offer a diverse wealth of experiences and is an opportunity to gain real-life experience in the music and A&R industries. If you are passionate about hip hop and have the ability to find trend-setters, please send us your cover letter and resumé. Social media, soundcloud, or any other relevant links are welcomed.
Shah's music videos can be seen here: www.youtube.com/DayofShah
Day One's goal for all internships is for all interns to have a memorable and valuable experience with us. We specifically aim for each internship to lead to either a long-term position with Day One, or employment elsewhere in the field you are passionate about. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact us email@example.com.
Responsibilities- Search for emerging Producers in New York and/or Toronto who could join the label as an in-house producer and contribute to Shah's sound
- Work closely with the artist and record label executives to determine beat and production needs
- Search for new beats from across North America (using websites such as SoundCloud and SoundClick) and forward your best findings to our Artist Manager and Head of A&R
- Manage and optimize Shah’s Soundcloud account
- Communicate with existing in-house producers
Requirements- Knowledge of modern hip-hop and pop-rap trends in production
- Ability to communicate with and garner results from artists and producers
- Ability to quickly adapt to a dynamic workplace
- Ability to recognize and predict the next big hit
- Punctual and reliable
- Hardworking with strong communication and organisational skills