Music-Production/Recording/Live Sound-Internship-Jacksonville/Orlando/Tampa, FL-(Spring/Summer '17)CPL Audio & Ministry Recording Group(An Entertainment Based Joint Venture)
Music-Production/Recording/Live Sound-Internship-Nashville, TN-(Spring/Summer 17')CPL Audio & Ministry Recording Group(An Entertainment Based Joint Venture)
Music-Production/Recording/Live Sound-Internship-Miami, FL-(Spring/Summer 17')CPL Audio & Ministry Recording Group(An Entertainment Based Joint Venture)
Music-Production/Recording/Live Sound-Internship-Los Angeles, CA-(Spring/Summer 17')CPL Audio & Ministry Recording Group(An Entertainment Based Joint Venture)
Music-Production/Recording/Live Sound-Internship-Atlanta, GA-(Spring/Summer 17')CPL Audio & Ministry Recording Group(An Entertainment Based Joint Venture)
Artist Publicity Internship (Remote)Interlude Management
Music Business InternshipNew Legacy Enterprises
Social Media & Music Management InternFumosonic
That's Why We Musyc
Posted: February 06 2016
Company Location: Venice, CA
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 20 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThat's Why We Musyc helps artists in any way they may need. Artists trust us to tell them the truth and treat them as equals. We don't work like most other publications. You will never be asked to write in a certain style or only cover specific genres. Writing is an art, just like being a musician. We value our writers as artists. That's Why We Musyc has two sides. We have the publication and we have the Artist residency project. There, we listen to demos and give feedback, help artists gain fans, learn how to network and teach artists to manage themselves. Our strategies are completely unique. We are there to help the artist rather than the artist working to help us.
To apply please send an email to email@example.com with the subject line NEW WRITER your top 5 favorite bands and why and a bit about why you want to work for us.
If you are on the fence, please check out our website at thatswhywemusyc.com
Responsibilities- You will need to write at least one article per month whether it be a single, music video, concert, EP or album review, or even an Interview. We do not do news articles.
- This industry moves fast and bands release new music fairly often. You will need to stay on top of things. Any article you claim needs to be written in a timely fashion.
- Please feel free to suggests artists you want to work with. We are based in Los Angeles, local bands from other places are not necessarily on our radar. Who knows, you could discover the next major artist. However, keep in mind that for the first month or so, we will be sending you artists and albums to review.
Requirements- To work for That's Why We Musyc, you do not need to have a background in journalism, just a love for writing, networking, and music.
- You will be primarily working with local artists, so if your goal is just to interview your favorite band, this internship might not be for you.
- Unlike most other publications we cover all genres, but be prepared to cover artists in genres you aren't fully comfortable with.
- Just be ready to struggle over lyrics, have deep conversations with artists and review some incredible music.
SkillsRequired - Time Management, Facebook, Writing, Copy Editing, Word, Tumblr, Instagram, Creative, Gmail, Music Lover, Google Drive
Preferred - Networking, Twitter, Instagram, Social Media Outreach, Musician, Basic HTML