Programming Intern, summer 2014Chicago Humanities Festival
YMCA Camp Chandler- Camp InternYMCA Camp Chandler- YMCA Montgomery
Special Events, Marketing, Public Relations InternshipAmerican Diabetes Association
Case Management Volunteer (2 positions)CUCS
Administrative Volunteer (1 position)CUCS
2014 Special Events Assistant InternshipBookmark This
Save The Bay, Inc.
100 Save The Bay Drive
DescriptionReports To: Events Manager
Location: Save The Bay Center, Providence, RI
Dates: This internship is offered year round. Academic year preference given to students who can serve two semesters.
Summary of Position:
The position will serve as an assistant to the Events Manager, working on Save The Bay’s events which include a Golf Tournament, Taste of The Bay, Save The Bay Swim, and Beach Slam. Your role will be to assist in obtaining donations, organize prizes, set up and cleanup for the events. This internship exposes students, recent graduates or those trying to fill an employment gap to implementing and running a successful fundraising event.
Primary Responsibilities may include:
• Organize and maintain raffles
• Contact vendors regarding details and information for the event
• Contact businesses for raffles and sponsorship
• Track in-kind gifts
• Act as point of contact for areas of the events and set up at various sites
• Provide other assistance to the Events Manager as needed
Save The Bay Internships are unpaid, but are available for college credit. Save The Bay will work with your university to ensure that all steps are taken to fulfill any credit requirements. Schedule will vary and will be set with the Events Manager. Interns must be available to attend all major events during the time of their internship.
Interested students are asked to fill out the Internship Application (available on the Save The Bay website). Save The Bay also requires a letter of intent (cover letter), resume, and the contact information for two references. Please be sure that these items are attached with the application. All items will be considered when choosing candidates to interview.
Applications for internships can be submitted to the Volunteer & Internship Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use the subject “Events Assistant Internship” in your e-mail.
Applications will be accepted and positions filled on an on-going basis. Once a candidate is selected for the position, they will be notified by telephone and a confirmation letter will be sent by e-mail. If you are not selected for an internship, Save The Bay encourages you to volunteer with us and apply again in the future.
Responsibilities• Excellent writing and organization skills.
• Must be able to attend specific events during the internship.
• Ability to think creatively
• Well organized and efficient
• Work well in a high-energy, fast paced environment
• Willing to do some manual labor, lifting, and get dirty
• Comfortable speaking to groups and making contact with the general public on Save The Bay’s behalf.
• General office skills including proficiency with computers and the Internet (Microsoft Word, Outlook, Explorer).
• Maintain professional demeanor on the telephone
Requirements• Must be an actively enrolled college student, recent graduate, graduate student, beginning professional or individual looking to fill an employment gap.
• Individuals with experience and background in some aspect of the communications field (marketing, public relations, writing/journalism, media, graphic/Web design, etc.) are preferred.
• Grade point average of 2.75 or higher out of 4.0
• Computer experience (MS Office)
• A positive attitude and ability to work in a team environment
• Strong communication and writing skills
• Must have ability to occasionally work independently and have initiative
• Must have driver’s license.