Summer Program MemberProject Transformation North Texas
Writer / Editor Student Internship ( Part-time, telecommute )Noah Education Fund
Human Resources Intern100 For All
Public Relations Intern100 For All
Media Intern (Film/Video/Photo)100 For All
Social Media & Community Management Intern100 For All
Development InternCam Neely Foundation for Cancer Care
Nonprofit Management InternshipOur Sister's House
2017 Summer Academy InternshipBookmark This
Save Our Youth
3443 W. 23rd Ave.
Posted: October 17 2016
Application Deadline: April 14, 2017
Position: 25 Full-time, Paid
Timeframe: 06/05/17 — 07/28/17 (Flexible)
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionSave Our Youth (SOY) is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization, dedicated to transforming the lives of at-risk youth through mentor relationships, that provide the skills for success in educational, emotional, and spiritual development. SOY is looking for enthusiastic and motivated interns with a sincere interest to work with at risk youth for their educational development and remediation. Applicants should have upstanding moral character, basic understanding of computers and working online and have adequate personal transportation. An intern needs to be a person who wants to make a difference in the lives of young men and women by helping them achieve academic success where struggle and failure has been the norm.
Please view our intern video at www.facebook.com/saveouryouth to hear the perspectives of previous interns.
Summer interns are key to the success of each academy. Their emotional and spiritual engagement and involvement set the tone for how much students will accomplish. Interns report to the Academy Site Manager in their administration of the academy in the following areas:
• Oversight of the online software
• Track student’s progress and attendance
• Assist students in math and language arts
• Oversight of all program logistics
• Provide classroom management
• Responsible for the spiritual and emotional development of the students
• Training in "Real Essentials" curriculum (a motivational positive change curriculum)
1. Complete application
2. Send resume & cover letter
3. Provide 3 references (two non-family members)
4. Complete Interview with SOY Staff
5. Complete personal background check