Home Safety Program Intern (unpaid position)Meals On Wheels of San Francisco
LeaderworXCenter for FaithJustice
Hands on community service opportunityCompassion New England
Programming Intern, summer 2014Chicago Humanities Festival
YMCA Camp Chandler- Camp InternYMCA Camp Chandler- YMCA Montgomery
Administrative AssistantBookmark This
National MS Society Southern California & Nevada Chapter
1200 N. State St.
Los Angeles, CA
DescriptionThis position will be based out of the National MS Society office that will open in the Fall at The Wellness Center at the Historic General Hospital, but travel to the West LA office may be required for training.
Provide office support to National MS Society staff and serve as first point of contact for clients and professionals accessing services.
Minimum of 15 hours per week and 6 month commitment required. Weekend and evening hours available to those who are seeking this type of schedule.
Responsibilities• Provide receptionist support to include greeting visitors in person or by telephone and to connect those with the appropriate staff person or services that will best serve their needs in a friendly, professional manner.
• Assist with printing and copying information for distribution.
• Receive, send, and distribute faxes, emails and telephone calls.
• Assist with data entry, filing, research
• Maintain confidentiality of information
Requirements• Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word/Excel/Outlook)
• Utilize proper telephone etiquette
• Excellent communication skills including correct grammar and spelling
• Knowledge of office machines including fax, postage meter, copier, calculator, computer work-stations, telephone system, voice mail systems
• Ability to meet and deal with clients in a pleasant and courteous manner
• Attention to detail
• Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
• Be able to pass a background check