Zero Waste Initiative InternshipU.S.PIRG
DOROT Summer College InternshipDOROT
Social Media & Community Management InternRockhaven Group, LLC
Children's Museum of the Upstate Youth Leadership Development InternshipThe Children's Museum of the Upstate
Communications Internship (Spring 2015 Semester)Safer Chemicals Healthy Families
Administrative Assistant (Intern/Volunteer)Bookmark This
Mission Economic Development Agency
2301 Mission Street, Unit 203
San Francisco, CA
DescriptionPlaza Adelante Tech Lab purpose is to link low income Latino immigrants to computer training, program participants to jobs, assist them and employer’s to retain those jobs, and support to pursuing career advancement opportunities. We are also a San Francisco CERTIPORT Microsoft Office Specialist Testing Center offering Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint 2010 Exams.
Plaza Adelante Tech Lab is part of Mission Economic Development Agency (MEDA). MEDA is a community based local development organization which, for over 38 years, has engaged individuals and small businesses in community building strategies. MEDA’s mission is to achieve economic justice for San Francisco’s Low and moderate income Latino families through asset development.
We are looking for a part-time Administrative Assistant (10-12 hours per week) to provide administrative duties to the Plaza Adelante Tech Center Manager, and Computer Instructors.
How to apply:
Applications are rolling though we are looking for people to start as soon as possible. For more information or to apply, including resume and cover letter, please contact: Leo Sosa, @ email@example.com or call @ 415.550.5895 ext 115. We are flexible and will work with you to develop a schedule.
• Skill in computer and Internet basics and common software applications
• Effective project management skills: demonstrated ability to independently manage multiple tasks, prioritize, maintain deadlines, and ensure quality of work
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Desire to help communities embrace technology
• Bilingual (Spanish) a plus
RequirementsWorking under the supervision of the Plaza Adelante Tech Center Program Manager selected intern will perform the following:
• Reports directly with Mission Plaza Adelante Tech Center Program Manager
• Enter students data and attendance into Vista Share Database
• Prepare curriculum materials for technology center
• Participate in marketing outreach strategies for the technology center
• Aggregate technology usage data for research
• Fulfill general office tasks e.g. data entry, filing, donations, recruitment, calls and operations
• Provide support to our broadband access programs to low income families