Affinity Programs and Marketing InternBookmark This
United Way of Massachusetts Bay, Inc.
51 Sleeper Street
United Way of Massachusetts Bay (United Way) advances the common good by providing children and families the help they need today to strengthen their tomorrow. United Way’s work ensures that children are ready to learn when they enter school, that they stay engaged in learning, graduate able to compete and are nurtured by families that have the financial stability to support both their basic needs and future success. No other single organization has the scope, expertise and influence to bring together hundreds of human service agencies, governments, businesses, private foundations and dedicated volunteers around a common vision of creating maximum impact and achieving long-lasting results.
POSITION TITLE: Affinity Programs & Marketing Intern
DEPT/DIVISION: Development, Donor Relations
REPORTS TO: Development Director, Affinities Programming
STATUS: Unpaid Internship – Part-Time
Flexible Timing: Summer, Semester or School Year
The intern will assist in supporting activities of the Donor Relations division, in particular, the day-to-day operations related to United Way’s affinity programs: Women’s Leadership Council and Emerging Leaders. Reporting to the Development Director, Affinities Programming, the intern’s responsibilities include administrative support, event coordination and marketing/social media support. The intern will gain a deeper understanding of targeted marketing, event planning, volunteer management and professional development.
ResponsibilitiesKEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS:
• Provide administrative support for affinities programming and marketing. Activities may include donor outreach, pre and post-event follow up and data management.
• Support organizational events. Activities may include scheduling, correspondence, promotion and registration support.
• Assist in marketing support using Constant Contact, Andar, Survey Monkey and UW Website.
• Maintain social media presence for Women’s Leadership Council and Emerging Leaders audiences through FB, LinkedIn, Twitter etc.
•Other duties as assigned.
Requirements•Passion for the nonprofit sector
•BS/BA preferred or within educational internship program. (Marketing, Business, Communications, Majors a plus)
•Excellent organizational skills and demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
•Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Highly proficient in Microsoft Office products.
• Commitment to excellence and to the mission of United Way.