After School Support PersonBookmark This
Two local school sites
DescriptionAmiracle4sure provides services and supports to a variety of preventive and supportive programs. Currently we are providing an after school program for at risk middle school aged girls and we are looking for group facilitators to assist with implementing our curriculum based instructions.
We meet twice a week, Monday and Friday 3:30-5:30 all based on the school local school calendar.
This position is excellent for education majors or women interested in working with low income at risk students in an urban community environment.
Responsibilities• Reports to Director of Ladies First! Program
• Proven proficiency in Microsoft Office
• Strong Intrapersonal skills
• Strong phone communication skills
• Strong organizational skills
• Knowledge of curriculum implementation/adaptation
• Proven proficiency in E-Mail Correspondence Communications and procedures.
• Ability to communicate in prompt and precise manner.
• Ability to maintain consistent and reliable transportation.
• Participation in field trips as needed.
• Utilize curriculum and modify as needed for cultural competency.
• Maintaining consistent and regular weekly communication with staff
• Communicate weekly material needs to Administrative Assistant and Director for material purchase
• Reporting weekly synopsis of meeting and/or additional concerns with Director.
• Facilitate weekly sessions with students.
• Utilize assistant facilitators throughout sessions as needed and described in description.
• Serve as liaison between facilitator assistants and Director.
• Create material needs list for monthly session and submit to Director
RequirementsThis is a curriculum based instruction so preparation is necessary.
Creativity and skills with arts and crafts or willingness to learn is required.
No certifications required just an ability to help these students express themselves in a positive way. We use arts and crafts to help with this process.