Development InternBookmark This
Oregon Football Association (OFA)
14655 SW 72nd Ave
DescriptionThe Oregon Football Association (OFA) is a non-profit organization dedicated to reconnecting former Oregon football players and giving back to local communities by enhancing the lives of youth through sports training, mentoring, and life skills development. Our organization puts on youth football camps across the state of Oregon, as well as several charity events throughout the year to support our camps and provide networking opportunities for OFA members and supporters.
We are looking for an individual to assist the Executive Director and Development Director with tasks related to the development of OFA. This position will cover a wide range of projects focused on generating leads, creating marketing and sponsorship materials, and most importantly, continuing to develop and efficiently act on resources and connections for the organization.
The Development Intern will work directly under the Development Director and will be expected to be able to prioritize, plan, and follow through on tasks assigned to him/her. Projects will be time-bound and priorities may shift on an event-to-event basis, so the Development Intern will be in consistent contact with the Development Director about expectations and deliverables.
This position offers applicants the chance to make a measurable, rewarding difference in an organization that is committed to a positive cause in Oregon communities!
Responsibilities- Execute development tasks as assigned by the Development Director
- Assist in identifying potential sponsorship opportunities
- Provide research on potential and existing sponsors
- Create materials for events and constituent communication (i.e., newsletters)
- Manage and follow up on digital and social marketing campaigns
- Report on task progress to Executive Director and Development Director on a consistent basis
- Monitor news and developments relating to, or impacting, key clients/prospects
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and work on individual tasks while meeting organizational standards
- Exceptional organizational, presentation and writing skills
- Ability to communicate at all levels with internal/external clients by phone, email and face to face
- Be able to commute to OFA office 2-3+ days a week
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (e.g. Word, Excel, and Power Point)
- A positive attitude
- Have fun
- Have or be working towards a degree in business, marketing, PR, communications, management, or similar
- Proficiency or fluency in Adobe Creative Suite or similar programs
- Familiarity with the University of Oregon football program