Office AdministratorA Place For Me Mentoring Foundation
Fine Arts / Gallery InternHouston Ballet Ben Stevenson Academy
Marketing and Social Media InternFriends of Fort Point Channel
Graphic Design InternRockhaven Group, LLC
Unpaid Intern - Latin AmericaIFES
Paid Intern - Human ResourcesIFES
Sumer AssociateDemocracy Works
Grant Writing/Development InternGateway Counseling Center, Inc.
Business Development / Sales InternBookmark This
Tell Every Amazing Lady About Ovarian Cancer Louisa M.McGregor Ovarian Cancer Foundation
533 16th street
Posted: August 16 2015
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 2 Part-time, Unpaid (College Credit Required)
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThis is a great learning experience and the Intern will work closely with the executive director and our small team.
Tell Every Amazing Lady's (T.E.A.L.) mission is to promote awareness of the signs and symptoms of Ovarian Cancer, to enable early detection, and to help find the cure for this deadly disease.
T.E.A.L. is a grassroots organization started by two sisters with a passion to make a difference in the world. We draw attention to this critical disease, which is the leading cause of death among gynecological cancers, through our annual T.E.A.L. Walk and other events throughout the year. Since 2009, T.E.A.L. has raised over $1million directly benefitting Ovarian Cancer research.
After Louisa M. McGregor’s Ovarian Cancer diagnosis in 2007, she and her sister Pamela Esposito-Amery started Tell Every Amazing Lady, or T.E.A.L. Their drive to create an organization like T.E.A.L. was propelled by the realization that doctors lack the knowledge, understanding, and tools to detect the disease early, when survival chances are best. Please visit www.telleveryamazinglady.org to learn more about the foundation.
This position's focus will be on helping us develop more fruitful relationships with small businesses, large corporations and other foundations through grants, sponsorships and programming.
Responsibilities- Provide research on potential and existing clients and the competitive landscape
- Managing and following up on digital marketing campaigns
- Assist in identifying potential business opportunities
- Monitor news and developments relating to, or impacting, key clients/prospects
- Prepare periodic reports on screening, tracking, and monitoring clients and prospects
Requirements- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and collaborate effectively as a team member
- Ability to communicate at all levels with internal/external clients by phone, email and face to face
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (e.g. Word, Excel, and Power Point)
- A positive attitude with good organizational, presentation and writing skills
- Pursuing a Bachelors Degree or equivalent education