International Peace Quest Institute Internship ProgramInternational Peace Quest Institute
Photography/Media InternshipClean Lakes Alliance
Print & Media Design InternshipClean Lakes Alliance
San Jose Jazz Volunteer Coordinator Internship - Summer Fest 2014San Jose Jazz
Program & Outreach Internship: Rural InitiativesClean Lakes Alliance
Campaign InternBookmark This
218 D st. SE
DescriptionIf you're looking for the opportunity to organize, advocate and fight for a country where everyone gets a fair shot in life, apply for an internship working on Fair Share’s End Childhood Hunger campaign today. Our internships include a hands-on training program with professional organizers, and the opportunity to network with other volunteers, interns, and organizers around the country.
About Fair Share
At Fair Share, we believe:
• All Americans Deserve a Fair Shot: Everyone should have the chance to succeed. We’re fighting to put America back to work, so we can repair our roads and bridges, rehire teachers and firefighters, and rebuild our economy.
• Everybody Should Play by the Same Rules: From Wall Street to Super PACs, we’ve seen the powerful and well-connected bend the rules to work just for them, not all of us. We’re working to hold Wall Street accountable and reclaim our democracy for all Americans.
• Everyone Pays Their Fair Share: The only way our economy works is if everyone does their part and pays their fair share. We’re working to close corporate tax loopholes that let some companies avoid paying any income tax while the rest of us pay what we owe.
Campaign to End Childhood Hunger
When kids are hungry, they struggle to learn. When kids don't learn, they struggle in life. Still, 16 million American kids -- in big cities and small towns, in blue states and red states – are at risk of going hungry today. We can and we must do better.
Since 2008, the U.S. has been facing an economic crisis not seen since the Great Depression. Although the official measures indicate the economy is getting better, income inequality is wider than ever. In a nation as wealthy as the U.S., it is deplorable that one out of every five children faces hunger and food insecurity every day. On top of that, we know that it is impossible for children who are hungry to concentrate on learning or be healthy enough to regularly attend school. A critical piece of investing in our country’s future is to make sure that children and their families have enough to eat.
For decades, Republicans and Democrats have come together to support programs like the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP). Research shows that kids who get help from programs like SNAP do better in school and better in life. With so many families still scrambling to get back on their feet in this tough economy, investing in ending childhood hunger isn't just a smart investment in our nation's future. It's the right thing to do. That’s why Fair Share is launching the Campaign to End Childhood Hunger. Together we can make sure America's kids are getting enough to eat and a shot at a better life.
ResponsibilitiesAbout the Internship:
• Learn the basics of grassroots organizing, including community outreach, activist recruitment and mobilization.
• Write and submit letters-to-the-editor weekly. Recruit and train others to write letters-to-the-editor.
• Research the issue and draft campaign materials such as fact sheets, website content and media releases.
• Generate social media content for Facebook and Twitter.
• Attend briefings and coalition meetings.